Author Topic: New Eduard stuff in 48th. For real?  (Read 1957 times)

Online Softscience

New Eduard stuff in 48th. For real?
« on: November 22, 2018, 03:35:33 PM »
A fellow at the local hobby shop was going on about how Eduard will soon release a new 48th Camel with detail on par with the SE5A.

I have not heard about this anyplace else. I hope this guy is right, but his evidence was about as solid as a fart.

So what's the scoop?

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
Re: New Eduard stuff in 48th. For real?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 06:21:30 PM »
Eduard released a 1/48th Camel a few years ago and it's been around in various Profipack and Weekend guises. They often reissue back catalogue kits so maybe this is a forthcoming reissue?

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Bughunter

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 04:53:14 AM »
According to Scalemates the first Eduard kit is from 2003, all others are re-releases of that kit. It is still a modern kit, if I look at the parts (have it in stash, but not yet build one). So it would make no sense to create a new Camel kit from a commercial point of view.

What they do at the moment are new releases (nearly monthly) of the 48 kits, often with new decals, like the Dual Combo Albatros OEFFAG 153 and 253 kit in December.

The only reason I can assume is a damaged injection mould, the last release by Eduard was 2008. But Revell has released the Eduard Camel in own boxing 2018, so I guess the moulds are ok.

The moulds of the Morane-Saulnier type N seems really be unusable, because Eduard released 2004 a new tool (after the old kit form 1994) as normal and Profipack. This is really a great kit and was pure fun to build, but was never released again.

What I wanted to say there are other candidates to be released prior a new tool Camel!

In 1/72 they work on a new Fokker D.VII (was shown on the Eduard FB page).

Cheers,
Frank

Online Softscience

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 08:03:14 AM »
Yeah, that's what I was telling him: the camel kit is still good.

But he knows a guy who knows a guy, whose uncle's first wife's mechanic knows a gypsy who bought a horse from a guy.....

Like I said, solid as a fart.

I'm glad to hear the OWFFAGs will be back, Frank!!!

And I would love for the morane again, too.

Offline Iancshippee

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2018, 12:38:13 PM »
I’d love to see them breathe some life into some of their older Sopwith releases, a newly-tooled Baby and Pup would be greatly appreciated by the modeling universe! And I personally would love them to re-issue the Sopwith Triplane!

Offline Syd Solo

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2018, 06:35:35 PM »
Iancschippee,
I couldn’t agree more!

Cheers

Syd