Author Topic: Aviattic announces 20 per cent price hike for 2019  (Read 2229 times)

Offline Rob_Owens

Aviattic announces 20 per cent price hike for 2019
« on: November 22, 2018, 09:29:40 AM »
https://www.aviattic.co.uk/news.html

You might want to order now. . .

Regards, Rob

Offline RAGIII

Re: Aviattic announces 20 per cent price hike for 2019
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 12:06:12 PM »
Richard explained this price increase very well on FB. I understand completely and will continue to buy his outstanding products. JMHO.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 03:07:50 PM »
for those of us not in the UK, his stuff's still very reasonably priced even after the increase.

given the quality, making money on this stuff is difficult. it's obviously a labor of love. i hope he continues to do what he needs to do in order to keep offering outstanding stuff.

Offline Borsos

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2018, 03:47:23 PM »
As Jeff said: A Labour of love and compassion for the hobby. I also will go on supporting Aviattic as such companies are the real heart and the soul of our modeling community.
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline macsporran

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2018, 06:20:30 PM »
Perhaps I'm going gaga, but I thought I read a post from Aviattic announcing that they were going to be releasing new versions of their lozenge decals in the New Year and, meantime, existing stock was being cleared out at a discounted price.
Did I imagine this? I seem to remember going to the website and seeing a reduced price - thinking I'd check what I need and place an order but now I'm not sure if my ageing mind is playing tricks on me!
I've searched for posts here, but can find no record of such a thing. Am I thinking of a different supplier, or just going doolally?

Offline Europapete

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2018, 12:25:48 AM »
I will continue to buy, regardless of price. His accuracy and quality just can't be beat. Regards Pete in RI

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2018, 01:09:08 AM »
aside from supporting such companies for the nobility of their efforts, i have a more selfish motive also:

assuming i was even up to the task of replicating something like Aviattic's lozenge decals, think of the time and effort saved! i suspect a lot of the cool aftermarket stuff we see is a byproduct of modelers having to cast their own resin, etch their own metal, and print their own decals to get an effect they wanted.

so yep--for purely selfish reasons--if they do good work i'll pay 'em to share their work.

Dekenba1

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2018, 11:45:15 PM »
For me, this means I will buy a lot less from Aviattic. They were already pretty much the most expensive retailer out there, and I could only afford them as a treat. Their lozenge & fabric decals are unsurpassed for quality.

It's a shame. I can understand exactly where Richard is coming from. He's operating in a niche market and nobody ever got rich in the aftermarket cottage industry! Aviattic are perhaps larger than a lot of aftermarket operations, but too small to benefit from large volume discounts? Maybe stuck in the middle ground?

Anyhow, I wish them the best of luck & hope the increase doesn't dent sales too much.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2018, 01:23:31 PM »
I understand the cost going up it is what it is  . Company I work for has just upped our prices starting in the new year  . I will continue buying when needed . Right now I'm waiting for the release of their Pfalz ...

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .