Author Topic: Search issues...  (Read 2273 times)

Offline JimF

Search issues...
« on: August 19, 2018, 11:40:01 PM »
Not sure if anyone monitors this section, but I'll ask anyway.

I entered 'Felixstowe' in the search box, looking for build info for the kit. Two of the results stated they had been moved.
One stated:

--This topic has been moved to Group Build.

--http://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=4866.0

The second had similar:

--This topic has been moved to Group Build - flying boats, seaplanes, float planes, skis.

--http://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=5134.0

Yet, when I followed any one of the links (to either the specified group, or the particular thread), I received a Error notice, with the following:

"The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you."

Has all this past info been deleted, or vanished? Or is there a secret handshake, cost, etc.., to access them?

Anyone know?

Thanks.

Jim F

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: Search issues...
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 12:34:19 AM »
Jim,
     No secret handshakes/costs involved............... nor anywhere else on the Forum! :) I don't have the answer to your question but I've sent a reminder to our new Administrator, Dave W and he will get back to you once the sun rises in "Oz" today. (or is it already tomorrow on the Gold Coast?!) Please bear with us as we scramble to learn the finer points of the "black art" of running an active Site. I won't label Dave however I'm the first to admit that, in the words of my favorite movie hero, Forest Gump, "I'm not a smart man"! (at least not in the world of Information Technology and the Internet)
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 08:24:09 AM »
Hello Jim

Thanks for pointing this out to us. As Lance so correctly states we are still scrambling to learn the finer points of running a site such as this but even wearing my magic Administrator's hat ( it resembles a WW1 flying helmet :) ) I'm sorry to say I can't find the missing posts you refer to. I suspect they have been archived in an old section of the forum files I have not yet figured out how to access.

Over the years unfinished build posts and other bits and pieces were tidied up during forum cleanouts. This is just a guess mind you.

A suggestion is that you post your question re the Felixstowe build and perhaps the original poster of those missing posts can provide the info you seek?

Sorry I can't uncover them for you but the truthful answer right now, is I don't know where they are and whether they were archived or deleted.

cheers

Dave Wilson
Forum Administrator

Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline JimF

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018, 10:11:29 AM »
Thanks, Lance and Dave.

I do hope my question did not seem critical, it was not meant to be.

I've just ordered my Felixstowe, so I was just looking for any build threads, to peruse, for any hints, tips, etc.., but no specific questions.

When I do get it started, I'll ask at that time, regarding anything that gets me stumped, of which I have no doubt will be a few.

Oh, and Dave, as for hats, I had a one of those that I wore when I first started tearing around on my 1st Triumph, many, MANY, years ago! It did soon get replaced by a proper helmet, however. :)

Jim F

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 10:37:19 AM »
Thanks Jim.

When your Felixstowe arrives feel free to ask questions on the Forum for build tips. That's what we're here for.

As for hats, here's a first look at the Administrator Hat :

cheers

Dave Wilson
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com