Author Topic: Manfred von Richthofen und Moritz 54mm  (Read 1538 times)

Offline Galloway

Manfred von Richthofen und Moritz 54mm
« on: August 05, 2018, 02:03:15 AM »
After realizing that I would not be able to finish my projects without rushing for the IPMS Nationals, held right here in my home state of Arizona .... I decided to have a little fun and practice on a figure I have had laying in a drawer for the last 5 years or so.... Time to learn how to paint figures ( I have enough of them) I started him about a week & half out from the convention .... finished last Wednesday .... This is my third ever figure .... he is painted with artist oils & acrylics..... Very relaxing & enjoyable .... so if any of you ever get bogged down on a project ..... give a figure a try ..... you just might be pleasantly surprised ....

Ken

"Slàinte mhòr agad!"

Offline Galloway

Re: Manfred von Richthofen und Moritz 54mm
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 02:09:35 AM »
Sorry, this should have been posted under WWI figures ..... so if it needs to be removed by all means do so.... I will re-post in the proper forum .... but it is relevant ... I am primarily an aircraft builder and this little guy was like breath of fresh air ....

Ken

"Slàinte mhòr agad!"

Offline RUREDI

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 05:51:02 AM »
Very well done.  I find figures are a good break from the other projects on the bench (planes, armor, vehicles, etc.). A little consistent practice, and one can achieve some nice results, especially with the many excellent starting points made available by some wonderfully talented sculptors.  Thanks for sharing.
Rick

"I do not feel that I am fighting for France alone, but for the cause of all humanity, the greatest of all causes...I pay my debt for Lafayette and Rochambeau."  Kiffin Rockwell, Lafayette Escadrille

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 08:39:15 AM »
Beautiful results! You have inspired me to try and finish Mine!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Galloway

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 08:54:25 AM »
Thanks for the Kind words ..... I now wish to tackle another figure ..... I found it a very relaxing change of pace ....

ken
"Slàinte mhòr agad!"