Author Topic: Boelcke Quartet  (Read 1713 times)

Offline stefanbuss

Boelcke Quartet
« on: October 24, 2012, 03:27:55 AM »
This set of photographs shows my latest efforts for my 1/72 JaSta Boelcke collection, two Dreideckers of RoG and another pair of Eduard. All of these are shown in Greg van Wynwarden’s books “Jagdstaffel 2 Boelcke” (Osprey Aviation Elite Units 26) or “Fokker DR. I Jagdstaffeln” (windsock datafile special). As three of these were finished immediately after WNW’s Roland, I recognized once more that 1/32 is much easier on my eyes than those tiny planes.

Fokker DR. I 212/17 Leutnant der Reserve Jarl Gallwitz, 9 victories. Photographed in Bavichove, early February 1918. No personal markings, but b/w streamers.
Shown In Jagdstaffeln, page 7. RoG model, seat belts from masking tape.

Fokker DR. I 214/17 Leutnant der Reserve Wilhelm Papenmeyer, 4 victories, KIA 28.03.1918. Photographed in Bavichove, late January 1918, shown in JaSta Boelcke, pp87 and 89, as well as in Jagdstaffeln, pp7 and 8. Vertical red/white/black stripes as personal markings. A/c written off after RFC bombing raid on 13.03.1818. Eduard kit with PE.

Fokker DR. I 195/17 Leutnant Hermann Vallendor, 6 victories. Photographed in Halluin-Ost, early April 1918, after the change of markings towards the fat-style Balkenkreuz. Shown in Jagdstaffeln, page 10, and in it’s earlier markings in JaSta Boelcke, page 84. Personal markings of “white V” on sides and on top wing. A/c fitted with tubular gunsight (which I forgot to ad) and strengthened u/c. Eduard kit without PE, but with RoG u/c, as this includes the option for the strengthened u/c. A bad idea, as the struts didn’t fit too well, resulting in a very noticeable sag of the a/c. Pilot figure by pp productions.

Fokker DR. I 413/17 Hauptmann Carl Bolle, 36 victories. Photographed in Halluin-Ost in May 1918 after the second change in markings to the correct Balkenkreuz-design. Shown on the cover of Jagdstaffeln and on page 12. Personal markings of yellow band with black and white borders. A/c had telescopic gun sights and broad lap belt. RoG kit, belt from masking tape.

Decals from RoG, Eduard, Roden and Blue Rider.

S.!
Stefan

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
Re: Boelcke Quartet
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 03:47:27 AM »
Very cool collection, Stefan.  I dream of doing all of the Lafayette Nieuports one day.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 04:36:39 AM »
  Stefan,
Outstanding collection my friend. A tip of the hat to you for such an excellent job with the Fokker Streaking in 1/72 scale,that can't be easy.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 07:03:10 AM »
A very nice collection of Fokkers Stefan, and all finished off beautifully, congratulations on completing a wonderful job in such a small scale, well done.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Whiteknuckles

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 09:03:50 AM »
Great work Stefan, I admire those of you who work in 1/72 and produce such amazing results. Well done.

Andrew
Eternal Apprentice

Offline mgunns

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 10:22:00 PM »
A hearty well done and a tip of the hat Stefan.

Best

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....