Author Topic: Fokker D.VII Interior Color  (Read 2233 times)

Offline rolanddvi

Fokker D.VII Interior Color
« on: July 29, 2018, 02:39:45 AM »
Hello everyone, I am getting ready to start working on an Eduard 1/48 Fokker D.VII (FOK). I am going to do Heinrich Piel's aircraft, #373/18. As I understand in reading the Windsock Anthology, I believe the fuselage was covered in German CDL so that would make the interior color the same.

Would appreciate if anyone has other information. Just looking to confirm.

Also looking for good color matches for the blue and green of this a/c.

TIA,
Mike,

Offline Beto

Re: Fokker D.VII Interior Color
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 06:38:26 PM »
Heinrich Piel's machine was covered in 4 color lozenge fabric, then overpainted in jasta colors. The internal color was the reverse of the same fabric, of course with the lozenges reversed and colors subdued, because the fabric was printed only on the outer surface. Aviattic has decals for about every kind of lozenge fabric you can need, and they are top class, highly recommended. I would paint the inner fuselage surfaces in Jasta 13b blue and then use Aviattic lozenge decals over it.

Also remember that the top and bottom longerons of the inner fuselage structure were wrapped either in plain or lozenge fabric. This was done to sew the outer covering to the airframe structure.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 06:45:25 PM by Beto »

Offline jeroen_R90S

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 04:24:43 AM »
Wingnut Wings has this aircraft on one of their decal sheets:
http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/productdetail?productid=3081&cat=4
You can look at the instructions for paint matches. WnW appears to follow the Anthology in regard to the streaked camouflage with 5-colour lozenge on the wings, but I'm no expert on that.

I want to build this machine as well so I'll be watching along :)

Jeroen

Offline rolanddvi

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 10:35:02 AM »
Thank you for replies guys. Much appreciated.