Author Topic: RFC Wheeled Tail Support  (Read 2611 times)

Offline Trackpad

RFC Wheeled Tail Support
« on: July 23, 2018, 11:17:12 AM »
Can anyone provide details on the wheeled tail support shown in these photos? I'm building a model of the a/c and would like to display it as shown. I can probably jury-rig a rough duplicate but I have the time to look for some details. TIA for any information:

Thanks for visiting!  8)

Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
Re: RFC Wheeled Tail Support
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 06:03:03 PM »
Jury rig it - that seems to be what they did. Apart from reusing aeroplane wheels I haven't noticed any consistency in those trolleys

Richard
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 10:30:53 PM »
Jury rig it - that seems to be what they did. Apart from reusing aeroplane wheels I haven't noticed any consistency in those trolleys
Richard

"Trolley." Durn! That's the word I was looking for! :D

Thanks for the advice, Richard. With a spare set of wheels in my Sopwith Camel kit courtesy of Wingnut Wings the main part problem is solved. Now to see if my basic engineering skills come up to the mark!  8)
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline krow113

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 05:10:06 AM »
No real template...
For The Gotha:

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2018, 05:51:33 AM »
    As they say out your way Steve, that's pretty "skoocum", should be mere putty in Gary's capable hands. Love the way we all provide mutual support in our little club! 8)
Cheers,
Lance