Author Topic: Polish Fokker D.VII question  (Read 1431 times)

Offline artro219

• My blog
Polish Fokker D.VII question
« on: July 17, 2018, 02:21:11 AM »
I am looking for information regarding the Fokker D.VII, Polish serial 22.04. I am especially interested in those strips on the fuselage, are these some kind of reinforcement of the seams between linen and metal panels? Any help will be appreciated.

I use Google translator and I apologize for my English

Online RAGIII

Re: Polish Fokker D.VII question
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 02:32:00 AM »
I am no expert but it looks to me to be just the beginnings of the typical oil soaking through the fabric along the tubing frames.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline artro219

• My blog
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 05:00:15 PM »
With oil it is an option, I was thinking about sticky / sewn reinforcements from tape / material

Online RAGIII

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 07:38:31 PM »
With oil it is an option, I was thinking about sticky / sewn reinforcements from tape / material

Funny thing You mentioned the fabric and metal frame and my eyes went immediately to the black areas around the tubular frames. I COMPLETELY missed all of those light color patches I think you are referring to  :-[

Some look to be just standard patches but others look to be holding the fabric in place as you suggested.  I would guess sewn on or glued but I am NO EXPERT! Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline artro219

• My blog
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 08:19:39 PM »
Thanks for the comments, I'm also waiting for an expert who can say something more about the subject that interests me