Author Topic: Figuring out Fokkers (D.VII)??  (Read 1596 times)

Offline GazzaS

Figuring out Fokkers (D.VII)??
« on: June 27, 2018, 08:49:21 PM »
HI everyone,
    I'd like to learn more on how to discern which Fokker D.VII came from where.  Does anyone know of such a site?

Thanks,

Gaz
There are only two states to be in:  Queensland and blotto.

Online RAGIII

Re: Figuring out Fokkers (D.VII)??
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 10:52:54 PM »
HI everyone,
    I'd like to learn more on how to discern which Fokker D.VII came from where.  Does anyone know of such a site?

Thanks,

Gaz

I am not aware of a site other than FB has a Fokker Fluegzeuge group. On the other hand a tried and true Old Fashioned book or three can clear things up. Albatros Productions, Fokker DVII Anthology Volumes 1, 2, and 3  ;D
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 11:43:45 PM »
Gaz,
     I'm no expert on the D.VII line however the three volume D.VII Anthology Rick has recommended is my "go to" source and has never let me down; it is an outstanding source of information on all aspects of the aircraft. I highly recommend it. (As per form, the usual disclaimer, I am not affiliated with Albatros Publications etc. etc.)
Cheers,
Lance

Offline GazzaS

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2018, 09:34:20 AM »
Guys,
   Thank you for the recommendation!

Gaz

Offline petrov27

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2018, 09:42:13 AM »
The anthology books are good - there are drawings that show most of the significant differences.

The WNW website and the instructions for the three original DVII boxings are also a good reference if you do not own any of those kits.

Primarily the engine cowl panels are going to be the easiest things to spot to determine if Alb/Fok/OAW built though there are some marking differences (like how the serial numbers were applied on the OAW built
-Patrick

Offline GazzaS

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2018, 01:33:29 PM »
You guys are great salesmen.  I bought all three.  Thank goodness they were all available.

Gaz

Offline mike in calif

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2018, 11:21:43 PM »
Osprey or kagero did a 3D book on the DVII as well. The original Datafile on the DVII got me going, the Anthology is like the holy grail, and the osprey/kagero book is icing on the cake.

Offline Beto

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2018, 05:50:33 PM »
The Kagero book is a great source for small hidden details and engine, but falls short describing the differences between manufacturers. The 3d model depicts early Fokker wings with inter-rib tapes and OAW nose panels, if memory doesn't fail.