Author Topic: Podcast interview with Richard Alexander of Wingnut Wings.  (Read 5359 times)

Offline Suffolk Lad

Re: Podcast interview with Richard Alexander of Wingnut Wings.
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2018, 02:26:05 AM »
Yes Doug, as usual with WNW one can only speculate, hope eternal and always, always be totally but pleasingly surprised when something transpires  :). I missed the 'French' bit - must have been when skipping forwards.

Currently awaiting the MvR issue along with the Sopwith Tripe in due course but I do agree with Marks' comment on support for CSM - I intend to be first in the queue at Hannants when that is delivered for sure ;)

Straws? Pass me a handful  ;D

Tug

PS Just realised I have missed the N17 sprue shots - scrub round the first in queue bit - I'll be camping outside overnight :)

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2018, 02:41:35 AM »
Concerning the subject of French aircraft, IIRC, he was referring to different persons within the company take on a greater role in kit development of certain kits depending their expertise and knowledge.  If someone has expertise in French subjects then they would be more involved in creating French aircraft.
Honor Necessity

Offline mike in calif

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2018, 04:33:10 AM »
Well, I'll go against the flow and hope for the Vimy. Something new.

Offline petrov27

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2018, 07:14:59 AM »
I'll put money on the Martinsyde Elephant.  Martinsyde G.100 7486 was flown by Frank Hubert McNamara when he rescued downed pilot, Capt. D.W. Rutherford, earning him the only Victoria Cross awarded to an Australian pilot during WWI.
Just saying.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_McNamara_(VC)

wow I had never heard/read about McNamara and his VC engagement - quite a amazing deal there - yeah I could see WNW doing a Martinsyde - certainly wouldnt rule it out
-Patrick

Offline Dave in Dubai

• Beyond the blue horizon
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2018, 07:40:00 AM »
Could the Ozzie connection be a “Blackburn Kangaroo”? :o

Offline GazzaS

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2018, 08:30:03 AM »
I don't reckon it'll be anything that didn't see combat.  I don't know what it'll be... 

Heck...  if you want an Aussie connection, MvR's Triplane was proven to be shot down by an Aussie...lol

Personally, I think half of their hints are just bait for speculation.

Gaz
There are only two states to be in:  Queensland and blotto.

Offline mike in calif

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2018, 12:13:13 AM »
While the elephant would be a welcome addition, I'd still rather see a Vimy. I think it time we see something Allied with multiple engines.

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2018, 01:47:58 AM »
Personally, I think half of their hints are just bait for speculation.

agree. however, i think the BF-109E comment is telling

don't expect a SPAD XIII any time soon. or a DR.I.

in the case of the SPAD that kinda sucks because it's not like the existing kits are all that available... but hey. Jackson will do what he will.

Offline Suffolk Lad

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2018, 03:22:44 AM »
This is how my addled old cells see it

Shizuoka this year - WNW announce new model 'In development' but the Halberstadt, like the Junkers D1 before, is hardly 'in development' as its there in a test shot in all it's early glory. I'd guess that these have been 'In development' for far longer than the inference on either model would have us believe - so, if so - What's really in development I wonder? How long does it take say from the 'let's do this one next' to seeing it actually on a show display as a test shot 'in development'.

Id guess there are two or three, possibly even more, in development in varying stages at one time so if so that could lead to some serious speculation ;D

Like anything else it's an individuals interpretation but knowing how close WNW play their cards to their chest giving away a 'new' aircraft design as "Something with an Aussie flavour by the end of the year" is, I fear, unlikely to be a completely 'new' design

No, I'll plumb for the easy option with the Xmas release to be said Halberstadt and hopefully an RE8 from 3 Squadron to add to the re-issue list - now that will be a good (if expensive) Xmas, Then again I could, and probably am, well and truly off track  ;D

Tug

Offline tomcervo

An Australian hint?
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2018, 01:52:11 PM »
There's always Cobby and Camel, and Copper State's done the hard work. It's called synergy.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 01:57:22 PM by tomcervo »