Author Topic: Tom Young  (Read 2994 times)

Offline Mike Vice

Tom Young
« on: May 06, 2018, 12:59:47 AM »
   For those of you who count Tom Young as a friend, very sad news.  Tom died yesterday, 4 May 2018, of stomach cancer after years of ill health.  First it was diabetes, then it was renal failure requiring thrice-weekly dialysis, then he thought he'd beaten esophageal cancer last fall with radiation and chemotherapy, then he was recently stricken with metastasized stomach cancer.  Only given about a month to live he finally said "enough is enough" and discontinued his dialysis to hasten his own end.
   Tom was a gentleman, a general good guy, and a great friend.  The trite response to such news is "He will be missed," but in this case it is very much true.  I have been trying to sell his WWI stash of OT 1/72 aircraft and will continue to do so not only because Tom asked me to do so but also to help his wife Lynne with expenses.  An updated listing of what's available will be posted later today.
            Mike Vice

Offline rayb24

Re: Tom Young
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 01:18:59 AM »
That’s sad to hear Mike. I remember Tom from the wwi mailing list through the years.
He always was a really nice guy. 
My sincere condolences to his wife and family.
Ray

Online Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2018, 02:08:36 AM »
Sorry to hear the sad news.  My prayers and condolences go to his wife and family.

Offline jknaus

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2018, 03:09:23 AM »
Very sorry to hear this. I don't know Tom but have lost a number of friends to cancer. My condolences to his family.
James

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2018, 06:46:10 AM »
Mike, I know how close you and Tom were and you have my deepest condolences.  I met Lynne at a couple of the Sonoma County shows.  Please let her know how sorry I am for her loss.  Tom was one of the good ones.

Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2018, 09:01:56 AM »
Sincere condolences to Tom's family.
Giuseppe

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2018, 04:15:31 PM »
It's always very sad when a fellow modeller passes away. Our deepest condolences to Tom's family and friends.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline andonio64

• There's no hurry
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2018, 06:36:12 PM »
Another very sad news, RIP Tom, my condolences to his family.

Antonio

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2018, 11:07:47 PM »
    Saddened to hear of the passing of another of the modelling community, my sincere condolences to all of his friends and family.
Lance

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2018, 08:02:56 AM »
Sorry to hear Tom has Passed. I only knew him from the List but remember him as being a Great Guy. My condolences to his Family and to you for the loss of your Good Friend.
Rick Geisler
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2018, 12:55:28 AM »
Very sad. A brave fight and a braver decision at the end. Keep your memories of him fresh forever.

Steve

Offline Gilly

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2018, 07:45:59 AM »
Rest in Peace Tom, my sincere condolences to all the family.