Author Topic: Copper State Models Donier D.I, a harbinger!  (Read 4200 times)

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
Copper State Models Donier D.I, a harbinger!
« on: May 02, 2018, 08:01:03 AM »
I'm very excited and proud to announce that CSM, in the not too distant future, will begin releasing a new series of limited run injected kits based on the old original resin kits developed and produced be the late Eric Hight, founder of Copper State Models.
This model was the first of those resin kits, kit #1001, Dornier D.I.

Under Edgar's management, CSM has revolutionized 1/48 WWI modeling and this new limited run series will be a welcome addition to the line.
Cheers,
Bud
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 08:50:36 AM by coyotemagic »
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Online RAGIII

Re: Copper State Models Donier D.I, a harbinger!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 08:44:25 AM »
As always you have turned out a Stunner from an older less detailed kit! Beautiful work Amigo!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 08:51:46 AM »
Thanks, Amigo!
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 06:14:39 PM »
That is a superb model Bud: as usual you have produced a model of the very highest quality. The finish that you have achieved is something I truly envy.

This is another new type to me: it is great to see these lesser known types being produced as injection moulds rather than vacuforms.

Stephen.

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 10:31:54 PM »
Brilliant reproduction of a rare bird.
Ciao
Giuseppe

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2018, 10:20:14 AM »
Excellent build Amigo , and good news about some re-issues as injected...  The Pfalz D-III !!!! sad news you said the "late" Eric Height, when did that occur ?

Ed
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 02:42:11 AM by dr 1 ace »
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline Borsos

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2018, 02:09:26 PM »
Great build on an unusual subject, Bud. I love it.
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline Black Max 72

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2018, 03:08:39 PM »
Beautifully finished model of a very fascinating aircraft, very much ahead of its time like the Junkers. It was inadvertently responsible for giving Goring the top job at JG1, the incident also inspired the ending of Jack D Hunter's The Blue Max I think. I might need to look at the injection molded one when it's released. Loving the direction CSM is going.

Dave Rickard
Rockhampton QLD

Offline ondra

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2018, 11:11:59 PM »
Great work, Bud, congratulations on finishing this beauty! A very unusual subject with an excellent result, well done!

Cheers

Ondra

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2018, 02:39:51 AM »
Thank you so much, guys! 
Ed, it's been at least a year now since Eric passed away.  Sad news, indeed.  He was a great guy and quite a character.  At least he got to fire his B.A.R. before he went.
Dave, I, too, am loving the direction CSM is going.  I almost bought the company from Eric, but I'm glad I lost out on the bidding.  I never would have had the financial and technical ability to develope the company in the way that Edgar, Slava and the others have.  Eric would be so happy to see how his baby has grown.  Gone from crude resin to high quality injected aircraft and armor in 1/48, 1/35 and 1/32 scales.  And those superb figures!  Holy cow!

Cheers,
Bud

Bughunter

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2018, 04:52:09 AM »
Bud, you made a nice little biplane from that old kit!
Seems to be great kit, and has no rigging :D

Looking forward towards this release by Edgar, I'm prepared already (I own the matching Windsock Datafile mini with great pictures).

Cheers,
Frank

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2018, 02:44:05 AM »
Thank you so much, guys! 
Ed, it's been at least a year now since Eric passed away.  Sad news, indeed.  He was a great guy and quite a character.  At least he got to fire his B.A.R. before he went.
Dave, I, too, am loving the direction CSM is going.  I almost bought the company from Eric, but I'm glad I lost out on the bidding.  I never would have had the financial and technical ability to develope the company in the way that Edgar, Slava and the others have.  Eric would be so happy to see how his baby has grown.  Gone from crude resin to high quality injected aircraft and armor in 1/48, 1/35 and 1/32 scales.  And those superb figures!  Holy cow!

Cheers,
Bud

How true and the way things have certainly turned out, who would have guessed !

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline ermeio

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2018, 06:34:56 PM »
Excellent model Bud!
Also the subject is really interesting - I hope CSM brings it again in production (in the limited run form).

Online Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2018, 04:02:05 AM »
Congratulations on another beautiful build Bud.

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2018, 04:58:50 AM »
Many thanks, Frank (this would certainly be in your wheel house), Ed, Ermeio and Juan!  I have no idea as to what the time frame might be on these limited run kits, but I'm eagerly looking forward to them.  They're bound to be fabulous.
Cheers,
Bud