Author Topic: Latest Issue of Great War SIG Newsletter available - and it's free!  (Read 2213 times)

Offline NigelR

In case any of you didn't know, the IPMS Great War SIG produces a free Newsletter. I may be biased (as I am the SIG leader), but it's one of the best WWI modelling publications you can get. It's packed full of news, reviews, build articles and historical articles. The most recent issue (April 2018) includes a special on the Bristol F.2b along with lots of other goodies. It also includes a tribute to Des kindly submitted by Dave Wilson.

It can be downloaded from this link: https://sites.google.com/site/greatwarsig/Resources

It's free to anyone, not just SIG members. If you want to join the Great War SIG (you don't have to be an IPMS member), just drop an email to great.war.sig at gmail.com.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 03:40:36 PM by Dave W »

Offline James

Latest Issue of Great War GIG Newsletter available - and it's free!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 02:48:13 AM »
Thanks, just sent an email to join.

James Sontag
Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: Latest Issue of Great War GIG Newsletter available - and it's free!
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 03:29:15 AM »
   I was unaware of this SIG. Having just browsed through a few of the issues I will be joining, thanks for bringing this here!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2018, 06:16:49 AM »
Thank you for sharing, and welcome to the forum.
Ciao
Giuseppe

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2018, 02:22:28 PM »
Thank you! and welcome.
Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
Re: Latest Issue of Great War SIG Newsletter available - and it's free!
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2018, 03:40:17 PM »
I cannot praise the Great War SIG highly enough. Their newsletter is absolutely world class and one of the best model publications I've ever seen in my 67 years. It is better than most of the commercial model magazines out there and the work people like Dave Hooper and Nigel do deserves our warmest thanks and gratitude.

I am really delighted to see the SIG getting recognition on the forum now. Well deserved!

Dave Wilson
Administrator

Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline NigelR

Re: Latest Issue of Great War SIG Newsletter available - and it's free!
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2018, 10:00:32 PM »
Thanks for the kind words Dave, much appreciated. And anyone out there is welcome to contribute to the Newsletter, just send an email with any material to Dave Hooper, the editor, at gwsigcherami at gmail.com.