Author Topic: Junkers Junkers where for art though Junkers.  (Read 2508 times)

Offline kornbeef

• U.K. Carpet monster genocide squad leader.
Junkers Junkers where for art though Junkers.
« on: April 25, 2018, 08:55:58 AM »
So in my haste I ordered my Junkers from WNW in NZ and it shipped yesterday so I have to wait till when ever it gets here and pay Parcelforce their blood money to get it.

Hey Presto on the day of release Hannants have it in stock already so it would have been quicker to order from them after all.  Lesson learned.

Yours disgruntedly,  Mr A. Bitgrumpy of Tonbridge....

PS don't tell the SWMBO I've ordered one from Hannants today
 too :-)   Need one for a Luftkrieg idea.

Never too old to learn sumfink noo

Offline GazzaS

Re: Junkers Junkers where for art though Junkers.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 06:34:24 PM »
I hafta admit I never saw the sense in rushing to order when I have a stash full of kits...

That reminds me...  need to order some buckles.
There are only two states to be in:  Queensland and blotto.

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 07:13:49 PM »
I don't order from the WNW site anymore. I always have to go to the custom office and pay my VAT and open the box as if I would smuggle some suspicious substances.
I am very happy that my retailer in Germany does that for me. Here I can always order what I want and get it really quick. Mostly they have a pre order price and so I will get my Junkers for just 75€
Bye,
Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline macsporran

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 09:36:05 PM »
Wherefore art thou! Please.

Hannants tell me mine is with Royal Mail. Ordered it at the weekend, so got it for 62.99GBP - combined with a Special Hobby Fokker and some decals, so free shipping. Why would anybody in UK order from WNW?
S
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 12:48:19 AM by macsporran »

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2018, 11:14:45 PM »
Quote from Manni  "I don't order from the WNW site anymore."

Nor do I. Since "Wheels and Wings" in Canada became a "preferred vendor" I order from them at a very decent price and they charge what I judge fair rates for first class shipping. Bottom line I get the newest Wingnut Wings releases for a better price, faster, and don't get "hammered" with Customs delays and charges like when ordering from out of country. Other then missing the good old days of free shipping direct from "Enzed"  the new system works very well here.
Cheers,
Lance
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 08:10:14 AM by lcarroll »

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2018, 01:22:10 AM »
i, on the other hand, order direct from WNW or Weta every chance i get. Why? I live in Thailand. Shipping's less than any other source, and no markup. Also, they'll send my goodies untracked, which means it evades customs inspectors who would love to slap a 35 percent import duty on it.

Offline kornbeef

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2018, 07:52:13 AM »
Wherefore art thou! Please.

Hannants tell me mine is with Royal Mail. Ordered it at the weekend, so got it for 62.99GBP - combined with a Special Hobby Fokker and some decals, so free shipping. Why would anybody in UK order from WNW?
S
  Yes lesson learnt, going to have to work out  how much extra ordering from WNW has cost overall when it arrives... Hannants used to be the expensive option a while back... lol.

Offline eclarson

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2018, 09:54:44 AM »
I'm hoping Lots Of Models gets the Junkers D.1 soon.  I got a great deal on the Sopwith Dolphin combining their usual sale price, an additional 10% off with an online coupon, and free shipping.

Eric

Offline kornbeef

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2018, 04:43:15 PM »
Well, despite a public holiday (ANZAC Day) yesterday mine has shown up! It's tiny. Only four sprues including the engine, but beautifully rendered. Oh well, there's Konigstiger bits all over the work bench so into the stash it goes... (why was I complaining about having to wait?).
  I'd hate to admit how many unfinished kits I have loitering but there are several staring at me right now including the D1's big sister that we both started around the same time. stalled as because ignoring the WNW instructions and building the top wing first it makes a might big issue of aligning it correctly. Space isnt something I'm allowed SWMBO is very understanding but having a great lump of plastic sitting in one of HER rooms while it sets is a great ask... lol