Author Topic: 7 Swabians DVII info?  (Read 2457 times)

Offline rayb24

7 Swabians DVII info?
« on: March 31, 2018, 10:21:54 AM »
I have had the Eduard Fokker DVII with the brothers Grimm tale Seven Swabians decals in my stash of models for quite a few years, and even though I wasn’t building models, I had plans to build one day. Anyway I moved a bunch of models from the attic to under my work bench and since I have a 1/32 Nieuport 11 stalled mid build and was looking for something quicker to build. I’m thinking of building the DVII. I have ordered The Aviattic 4 colour lozenge decals for the wings and a set of OAW louvres. But I have a few questions.
I found the image below of the real aircraft online and it looks like it has solid colour rib tapes? Do the Aviatik decals have rib tapes? I can paint them if they don’t. But more importantly the fuselage on the aircraft was painted in a blue grey, but would this have been sprayed over lozenge. The image seems to show overpainting but it could so easily just be dirt and wear and tear. Any ideas

Ray

Online Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
Re: 7 Swabians DVII info?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 11:15:18 AM »
Ray, not sure if this will help, but WNW had these decals in one of their sets:  http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/product?productid=3084

Maybe the instruction sheet can add more light.

Offline rayb24

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 10:21:07 PM »
Thanks Justin, that’s one beautiful build... Thanks for the information and notes on the details. i’ve Copied this off so I can use it for reference. The lozenge looks really neat with the woven effect, Aviatick? Any tricks to using it or just the normal cautions...

In Quebec they have the knowlton DVII. This coming summer I’m taking the wife to Nova Scotia. She doesn’t know it yet but there will be a little detour... what’s 200 k, when you’re driving 1500 lol..

Juan I copied the pictures and instructions for the wnw decals, thanks for mentioning that..

Ray

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2018, 11:33:03 PM »
The knowlton museum is really neat. It's very small, with sort of ramshackle exhibits. The Fokker is no exception, its a little sad, and a weird mish mash of components as has often been noted. It barely fits in the room it's in, and yet, unfortunately you can't get that close to it for detail photography, the light is pretty awful, and a lot of angles are obscured by plexiglass panels holding other stuff. There's a rickety stairway that leads to some stuff in an attic and you can get some views from that.

The town itself is charming. There's a nice little cafe just down the street where you can eat lunch outside if it's nice.