Author Topic: Pinning your struts?  (Read 4305 times)

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: Pinning your struts?
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2018, 08:14:56 AM »
Quote from Bo:   I suppose if I was building a Fee it might start to look a lot more appealing...

Bo, if you only knew...........  I credit the device for getting me through the "Fee" and remaining reasonably sane! ;) Check out the video if it's still there Gaz, and you'll get the idea, it may not be something you're looking for. I use mini "bumper pads" of rolled up cloth to protect the models finish from the metal surfaces. For me it's a miracle machine but maybe I'm just clumsy and it keeps me one step ahead of tragedy!
   I do recall these things being at a much better price when first on the market, you'll see some older prices on the site and they are much easier to swallow. I got mine later, of course!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline GazzaS

Re: Pinning your struts?
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2018, 06:11:37 PM »
OMG!  I love it!  I was working on a huge kit a while ago and made a 2-axis holder.  The fuselage sat on foam padding and the wings were held on by bits of panty hose.   I'd put a brass spar inside the huge plane...

My holder was cumbersome and made of wood but enabled me to have my hands free.  But the price...  plus US exorbitant shipping rates...  ...plus I've only just bought the Vertigo jig...

I might have to put it on my Christmas wish list...

hmmm...  no updates on the site since 2015.

Gaz
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 06:25:23 PM by GazzaS »
There are only two states to be in:  Queensland and blotto.