Author Topic: Hello from New York, USA  (Read 2232 times)

Offline Wpvali11

Hello from New York, USA
« on: March 13, 2018, 09:45:49 AM »
Hello All
My name is Bill and I live in NYC but right now I am in Rhinebeck, NY near the sold Rhinebeck Aerodrome. I usually build Armor from WW II but recently ended up with a free kit of a Spad XIII at a giveaway at my model club on Long Island. I have no experience whatsoever with WW I aircraft or rigging or getting two wings to match but am having fun learning. This site is a wonderful resource and thanks to everyone for their comments. I can use all the help I can get. Looking forward to being part of the community.

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
Re: Hello from New York, USA
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 10:47:23 AM »
Welcome Bill! I hope you enjoy your time with this wonderful international family of WW1 enthusiasts. Feel free to ask any questions as we're a very helpful bunch. We also look forward to seeing your builds and your input to the many topics discussed here.

kind regards

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline GazzaS

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 03:46:24 PM »
Hi Bill!
There are only two states to be in:  Queensland and blotto.

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 04:19:07 PM »
Hello Bill,
Welcome here!
I have to warn you....If you put your hands once on a WWI kit you will never erver get away from this great stuff.
Bye,
Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 05:18:35 PM »
Welcome aboard, Bill!

You won't find a better place for our hobby.
Enjoy!

vB

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 09:44:43 PM »
    Welcome to the best Model Forum on the web Bill. As Bob has said there is no better place to enjoy and improve your enjoyment of the hobby.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2018, 07:56:57 AM »
Welcome aboard!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2018, 09:29:41 AM »
Enjoy the site Bill!!

Steve

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2018, 07:41:47 PM »
as a few have pointed out above, this is the best modeling forum. massive collection of knowledge, you learn so much just by looking at the build logs! and strangely, friendly positive attitudes all around.

don't know what scale your SPAD is, nor what scale you prefer, but be very wary of Wingnut Wings kits. these are the best kits i've seen in any scale on any subject (and they happen to be in my first-choice scale, 1/32, and of one of my favorite subjects, WWI aircraft). if you avoid them, you dramatically increase your bank account's odds of survival.

Offline Dirigible-Al

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2018, 03:14:11 AM »
Hello Bill
Welcome to the forum. A SPAD is a great one to start with regardless of kit or scale, I have made them in 1/72 and 1/48 and they have some great colour schemes. I agree with Jeff that this is the best modelling forum and I would say that regardless of what you are into but what is also nice is that all levels of skill are accepted here and everyone seams willing to help. It would be great to see your build here.
Alan.
I heard that it all started when a bloke called Archie Duke shot an ostrich 'cause he was hungry!