Author Topic: German Naval Hex Camo decals  (Read 1148 times)

Offline GB

German Naval Hex Camo decals
« on: February 05, 2018, 03:01:27 PM »
Just finished applying the WNW hex decal to the horizontal surface on my W.12. While the end result is fine, I did find it a little challenging and ended up having to use some decal setting solution.

My question is how do people go about applying the larger decals to the wings? Do you apply in complete sections or cut the decal into more manageable strips?

Thanks in advance.

Gary

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: German Naval Hex Camo decals
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 11:28:53 PM »
    Although I mostly use after market decals for Lozenge etc. I inevitably cut them into smaller more manageable sections. On the other hand some of our members get superb finishes using the entire full surface pieces; matter of preference, skill, and patience I suspect!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline eindecker

• The penultimate word in scale modeling since 1956
    • Models In Scale
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 03:26:59 AM »
I recall applying them in large swaths, however, you need a very GLOSSY finish and a bit of water underneath to give time for alignment.
Michael Scott
Author of "The Q Fragments" http://Http://theqfragments.com & Amazon for paperback and Kindle.

Offline GB

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 11:15:17 AM »
Thanks guys. I did get a set of Aviattic decals but they are the wrong shade for this application. I will try the complete decal application as that will obviously remove the need to ensure joins are 100% perfect. Wish me luck!

Gary