Author Topic: Des Delatorre has passed away  (Read 21019 times)

Online rhwinter

Re: Des Delatorre has passed away
« Reply #135 on: February 08, 2018, 04:47:53 PM »
Thank you for taking this on Dave. I'm sure Des would be very pleased with your efforts to maintain the forum.
Steve

Your words are mine, Steve!
Richard

Offline Edo

« Reply #136 on: February 09, 2018, 12:32:51 AM »
wanted to add this song: it expresses exactly my feelings:
it's Lee Kernaghan's "Missin' Slim"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Chwse1VxOZw

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #137 on: February 09, 2018, 01:14:25 AM »
Thank you for that Edo, most appropriate and for a Country Music fan like me comforting as well.
Cheers,
Lance

Online Thumbs up

« Reply #138 on: February 09, 2018, 05:44:45 AM »
I still cannot believe that he has gone  :'(

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #139 on: February 10, 2018, 03:43:32 AM »
Dave just a quick note re forum donations. The donate tab seems to be non op. Can I use the email address that was attached to the paypal acct?

Steve

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #140 on: February 10, 2018, 01:42:45 PM »
oh my god what sad news, he was a good friend, i remember back after we left aerodrome and "joined great war in the air forum"  he was a moderator and there was turmoil brewing , back then des and i communicated via email regularly. one day i brought up that we should just start our own forum to which he was hesitant. i dont know if i was the only one who brought it up with him but he decided to do it and we grew slowly but surely through the years, i have been absent of late but have been checking in periodically. i am possitively gutted. he was a great friend, a talented artisan and was always very giving of himself whether that was his knowledge ,time or modelling supplies. our world will not be the same without him in it. blue skies old friend

Offline Cimmerian

« Reply #141 on: February 13, 2018, 11:48:02 PM »
After the loss of my wife in November, I withdrew from everything. I had no time for modelling and no interest whatsoever. I'm just starting to adjust to things now and getting the interest back. Logged in to the forum, only to find this terrible news.

I know it's late but please pass on my condolences to his family.

Blue skies, Des.
Regards, Ken

It's not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing it.”

Offline Stampesv4c

« Reply #142 on: February 14, 2018, 07:55:32 PM »
It is a great loss to the WWI modelling family, I hope Des is now in WWI Heaven and enjoying it. My condolences to his family and friends.

Online Thumbs up

« Reply #143 on: February 14, 2018, 10:24:13 PM »
When it comes to modelling,Des was Top Gun!

Offline Hamerf2b

« Reply #144 on: February 14, 2018, 11:29:33 PM »
My sincere condolences and respect to Des's family, friends, and all those who are affected by his passing. I have not posted on this Forum before, and maybe still would not have, but for this very sad news. I have been kept in touch with a hobby and a passion that I have somewhat neglected over the past couple of years thanks to my lurking on this this Forum, and of course that means it is Des I have to primarily thank for keeping the hobby ticking over for me. When I can devote more time to it, I will owe Des thanks for that, too. It is a very great shame that he has passed on, but it sounds as though the members here are resolved to keep his passion and spirit alive by continuing this excellent place he built. I hope that does happen, I will happily contribute financially to keep the forum here, I hope that a continued WW1aircraftmodels.com- continued in the spirit that Des gave it- will be a comfort to his family, it would certainly be a continued and valuable resource for inspiration and learning new techniques for lapsed modellers like me, and busy builders like most of you out there.
    Be at Peace, Des. To your family and friends, be strong and find joy in your memory.