Author Topic: WNW Jeannin Stahltaube 283/14 Adlershof-Johannisthal 1915  (Read 9875 times)

Offline dirk

Re: WNW Jeannin Stahltaube 283/14 Adlershof-Johannisthal 1915
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2018, 02:53:54 AM »
Your interior is really looking terrific!
RAGIII

Thanks RAGIII! As usual dust ist the enemy no 1 to oil-painted surfaces...

Cheers, Dirk

Offline aliluke

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2018, 06:24:24 PM »
Hi Dirk
This is looking really fantastic. Wonderful detail.

I just have to ask; are you the same "Dirk" who did the revenue cutter? It'll sound like a strange question if you aren't but you seem like you might be the same person given your obvious skills.

Best
Alistair
It ain't a hobby if you have to hurry.

Offline dirk

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2018, 05:20:57 PM »
Hi Dirk
This is looking really fantastic. Wonderful detail.

I just have to ask; are you the same "Dirk" who did the revenue cutter? It'll sound like a strange question if you aren't but you seem like you might be the same person given your obvious skills.

Best
Alistair

Hi Alistair,

thanks for your positive response. I am mainly interest in 1/32 aircraft modeling and have no experiences in ship modelling. I have seen some pictures of the 1815 Revenue Cutter and I am deeply impressed what those guys achieve with their kits, especially with the rigging.

Cheers, Dirk

Offline dirk

« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2018, 02:33:04 AM »
Hi everybody,

a little update on the cockpit: Today I finished HGW's microtextile seatbelts. The assembly was time consuming but worth the effect. I used small quantities of Dark Mud Pigments from MIG and sealed the belts with satin varnish. A washing with heavily thinned umbra oilpaints followed.

So the cockpit is finished and the engine work is about to begin...

Cheers, Dirk

Offline eclarson

« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2018, 02:49:52 AM »
Looking very good Dirk!  Can't beat those HGW belts.
I'm about to close the fuselage up on mine. 

Eric

Offline dirk

« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2018, 03:14:47 AM »
Looking very good Dirk!  Can't beat those HGW belts.
I'm about to close the fuselage up on mine. 

Eric

Hi Eric, yes I have seen that, by finishing the engine you have overtaken my build with a considerable lead of a few days ;). I really enjoy the build and I am glad to have you by my site.

Cheers, Dirk

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2018, 03:39:59 AM »
The seat belts turned out great and look fantastic in place.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline eclarson

« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2018, 05:20:09 AM »

Hi Eric, yes I have seen that, by finishing the engine you have overtaken my build with a considerable lead of a few days ;). I really enjoy the build and I am glad to have you by my site.

Cheers, Dirk

Oh, you'll catch up soon enough.  I've had quite a bit of time to work on it during my time off recovering from my hip surgery but that will end in couple weeks when I return to work. :)

Which engine are you using?  If it's the Argus, be aware that the fuselage opening needs trimmed for it to fit.  That's mentioned in the instructions but what they don't make clear is that both sides need trimmed, not just the small forward area pointed to.  Just test fit and sand a little bit at a time until adequate clearance is achieved all the way around.

Cheers,
Eric

Offline Borsos

« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2018, 06:27:09 PM »
Dirk, these seatbelts look fantastic!
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline dirk

« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2018, 06:33:50 PM »

Cheers, Dirk

Oh, you'll catch up soon enough.  I've had quite a bit of time to work on it during my time off recovering from my hip surgery but that will end in couple weeks when I return to work. :)

Which engine are you using?  If it's the Argus, be aware that the fuselage opening needs trimmed for it to fit.  That's mentioned in the instructions but what they don't make clear is that both sides need trimmed, not just the small forward area pointed to.  Just test fit and sand a little bit at a time until adequate clearance is achieved all the way around.

Cheers,
Eric

Hi Eric,

thanks a lot for the note! My type is fitted with the Daimler-Benz engine. I really like the Argus engine and plan to build it as a seperate display model. I already had a few fitting issues while building the WNW Albatros, the RE.8 and the SE5a. To add the engine cowlings in a removable way over the detailled up engine required lots of sanding and dry fitting. My impression was that the kits are mainly constructed for showing the engine without the cowlings. But I suppose that due to the construction of the Taube this problem will not appear. Nevertheless its important for me to have an eye on the fitting of the port and starboard side cowlings...

Cheers, Dirk

Offline eclarson

« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2018, 01:38:11 AM »
Hi Dirk,

I was just wondering how your Taube was coming along since you've not posted an update for a while.  Hopefully you've not run into any snags. 

I just posted an update on my thread.  All the main painting and decals are done.  Time for the really fun stuff...some light weathering then painting the metal scale effect on the nose!
A word of warning regarding the big wing decals...they are brittle.  I suspect it's the white ink as I've not had a problem with the black lettering or other colors and the splitting I experienced was all on the white areas.  I ended up having to touch up a number of areas with white paint.  Mainly around the small holes for the rigging attachment points.

Cheers,
Eric 

Offline dirk

« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2018, 04:26:58 AM »
Hi Eric,

I was out of business/hobby for a few weeks because of eastern holidays. Now spring is come along with strength and I am out for cycling, running and trekking. I have already spent a few hours working on the engine.

Thanks for the warning regarding the decals! I will be back in business quite soon as the weather gets colder and rainy the coming days...

Dirk

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2018, 07:29:02 AM »
Great interiors, and great transparency work on the Albatros.
Giuseppe

Offline eclarson

« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2018, 09:19:24 AM »
Hi Eric,

I was out of business/hobby for a few weeks because of eastern holidays. Now spring is come along with strength and I am out for cycling, running and trekking. I have already spent a few hours working on the engine.

Thanks for the warning regarding the decals! I will be back in business quite soon as the weather gets colder and rainy the coming days...

Dirk

Hi Dirk,

Good to hear all is well and nothing has gone awry on your Taube.  I was an avid cyclist in my younger days and remember many a cold winter longing for spring so I could back out on the road.

I look forward to seeing futher updates when available.  In the mean time, enjoy the warm weather!

Cheers,
Eric

Offline Oeli

« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2018, 04:31:27 PM »
Hi  Dirk,

And another Taube!
I'm also building and I can use good suggestions.
Especially if they are as good as they are here.

Looks really good!  8)

Regards

Jörg
Normality is a beautiful paved road, but it grow no flowers on her.