Author Topic: Wingnut Wings Sopwith Camel USAS  (Read 5023 times)

Offline mgunns

Re: Wingnut Wings Sopwith Camel USAS
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2017, 03:53:51 PM »
Hi Guys:

@Gary:  Thanks for your kind words and looking in on the model.  I hope that the list that Bob the Bucklemeister posted is helpful and makes the build enjoyable.
@dr 1 ace:  Thanks for scoping out the build and your comments on the "Pitfalls", this can be an enjoybable build when you know what to look for.
@Von B:  Thanks Bob for your kind words, buckle material and posting the pitfalls.  Hopefully it will be helpful and enjoyable for those engaged in this build.  I gotta tell ya, it's a buckle eater!
@RagIII:  As always, thanks for looking in and your comments, means a lot and duly appreciated.
@Iancshippe:  Thanks for looking in.  Looking forward to seeing your work on a USAS Camel as well.  The books by Elliot Springs White are real motivators for this build and great reading in themselves.  I always liked the U.S.A.S. cockades and there are some neat schemes in the USAS Camel kit.
@lonemodeler:  Thanks for checking out the build and your interest in it.  It's a bit of a challenge but will reward the modeler with a fine build and challenge overcome.  Highly recommend the kit.
@Rhwinter:  I will see about getting some better photo's posted.  Thanks for stopping by and your interest in the build.
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline davec

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2017, 06:47:25 AM »
Beautiful model - congratulations on finishing.  Thank you for sharing the pitfalls.  I have two camels on the shelf, and this should help keep me out of trouble.

Offline mgunns

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2017, 12:01:25 PM »
Beautiful model - congratulations on finishing.  Thank you for sharing the pitfalls.  I have two camels on the shelf, and this should help keep me out of trouble.

Thanks for the compliment Dave and I hope it does help you keeping out of "trouble."   Best of luck on your build. 
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline Mmarchal

« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2017, 07:50:49 AM »
Cool colour scheme, and thanks for all the tips, they'll come in handy when I build mine. Cheers.