Author Topic: How about a Dolphin sheet?  (Read 6958 times)

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
How about a Dolphin sheet?
« on: December 05, 2017, 03:26:39 AM »
Well, Rowan, what do think?  A 1/32 Dolphin sheet soon?
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: How about a Dolphin sheet?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 03:52:59 AM »
Well, Rowan, what do think?  A 1/32 Dolphin sheet soon?
Cheers,
Bud

Indeed Rowan, worthy of consideration, and a place to put that 1 Squadron Canadian Air Force green maple leaf logo you've recently thought of! 8)
Cheers,
Lance

Offline rowan broadbent

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 03:54:34 AM »
Hello Bud & Lance:

Yep; been on this today: Two sets coming, probably seven or so on each. Profiles will be revealed soon and after I get a kit for tailoring the turtle deck checks, we can probably get to the printers for delivery quite early in the new year. Much else on the go still for Camels, Belgian SPADs and Dr.Is, of course. Slight delays caused by radiotherapy treatment which has sapped a lot of my energy - so not the most wide awake chap in the Auvergne at the moment, but yes, we'll be there with some 19 Sqn Dolphins, the last prototype (with wood...) and 1 Canadian Sqn - of course - and lots of others. Glad to see that WNW did your Great Uncle proud - you must be chuffed!

An excellent choice of subject from the Wingnut crew!

Rowan
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything – that’s how the light gets in

Leonard Cohen

Offline jknaus

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 04:22:28 AM »
Hope you get to feeling better rowan.
I'm in for a Canadian one. Also saw one with a clover leaf that looked interesting.
James

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 05:56:42 AM »
Rowan,

Wishing you a speedy recovery and Merry Christmas and a Happy & Prosperous New Year !

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 05:58:45 AM »
Get well soon, my friend. 
Glad to see that WNW did your Great Uncle proud - you must be chuffed!
Indeed, I am!
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2017, 07:03:28 AM »
   That's great news Rowan! In the interim take all the time you need to concentrate on your health; best thoughts and wishes you'll be back in form real soon!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2017, 07:41:19 AM »
Indeed, I am!
Cheers,
Bud

Bud,

Am finally catching up after reviewing the WNW Dolphin Instructions where they mention your Uncles' a/c having red white blue on the wheels, they say a photo shows this but did not include it in the instructions or in the archive photo section.  Do you have such a picture family stories  or your thoughts ?

Ed

Offline rowan broadbent

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2017, 07:52:58 AM »
Thanks for the good wishes fellers - I'm feeling pretty good all round, and very positive, just fatigued due to the x-rays zapping my brain - now that course of treatment has finished I should start to feel less knackered, they tell me. The medics seem pretty positive about their ability to kill the secondary tumours and leave the good bits of my brain - such as they are - unaffected. We'll know how well they've done in two or three months.

This Dolphin announcement really cheered me up no end!
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything – that’s how the light gets in

Leonard Cohen

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2017, 08:19:25 AM »
Indeed, I am!
Cheers,
Bud

Bud and I just talked by phone, picture is in the Ospery #48 Dolphin and Snipe Aces Book , middle of page 65. Note also that it has the late style radiator that WNW shows only for scheme E

Bud,

Am finally catching up after reviewing the WNW Dolphin Instructions where they mention your Uncles' a/c having red white blue on the wheels, they say a photo shows this but did not include it in the instructions or in the archive photo section.  Do you have such a picture family stories  or your thoughts ?

Ed

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2017, 08:25:43 AM »
Just had to dip my oar in here, Rowan, to say thank you yet again for your support of the Canadian Mafia vis-a-vis the Dolphin, and to wish you and Sabine the best of Christmas and the New Year.  Sharon and I hope that you will soon be over the medical challenge soon. The very best of good luck to you and Sabine from the two of us!  8)
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2017, 12:16:48 AM »
Sounds like you have a very positive attitude about your recovery Rowan. All of my best to you. Of course NO Dolphin sheet would be complete without at least one 19 squadron bird....right  ;D
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline mgunns

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2017, 12:46:20 AM »
Hello Rowan:

Yes best wishes and God Speed on your recovery and treatment, thoughts and prayers as you go through this ordeal.  As the "Yank" in the Canadian Mafia I too am looking forward to your Dolphin sheet with the 1 Sqdn CAF especially and the others you mention in your post.   The Dolphin release by WNW has certainly caused no small amount of "mayhem and excitement" in the modeling community, personally, I'm "Chuffed."  ;)
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2017, 04:05:44 AM »
God Bless, Rowan, and I hope you get to feeling and being well real soon.  All the best to you and Sabine.
Honor Necessity

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2017, 08:33:40 AM »
Though not quite interested in the topic (WNW satisfied my need for my chosen Dolphin scheme) I would like to join all those wishing you speed and full recovery. All the best to you!
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.