Author Topic: DFW Aircraft of WWI: A Centennial Perspective on Great War Airplanes  (Read 2706 times)

Offline James

DFW Aircraft of WWI: A Centennial Perspective on Great War Airplanes by Jack Herris, came out yesterday.

https://www.amazon.com/DFW-Aircraft-WWI-Centennial-Perspective/dp/193588154X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1511202856&sr=1-1&keywords=Jack+Herris

James
Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Offline eindecker

• The penultimate word in scale modeling since 1956
    • Models In Scale
Re: DFW Aircraft of WWI: A Centennial Perspective on Great War Airplanes
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 01:32:41 PM »
Very interesting especially since I have a kit in the stash, but $60 is too
much for me. I will wait for the price to drop.
Michael Scott
Author of "The Q Fragments" http://Http://theqfragments.com & Amazon for paperback and Kindle.

Online macsporran

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 06:14:35 PM »
Does anybody else find the paper quality on these Jack Herris books really disappointing? I bought four titles in a bargain bin, but wouldn't pay full price for one. I'd rather have them as e-books if they haven't improved the paper stock. IMHO.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 12:54:59 AM »
Does anybody else find the paper quality on these Jack Herris books really disappointing? I bought four titles in a bargain bin, but wouldn't pay full price for one. I'd rather have them as e-books if they haven't improved the paper stock. IMHO.

Great books however I agree, the paper is of a low quality, light and "newspapery". On the other hand it probably keeps the price reasonable.......
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Borsos

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 04:06:19 PM »
I totally agree - the quality of the paper could actually be better like the binding quality as well. But focusing on the content: Being a fan of DFW, I had ordered immediately and received my copy yesterday. For me it is worth every penny. The 10 pages on factory colors alone (a feature totally new for me. I didn't find that in all the other books from the author I have) makes it worth to buy. I think you won't be disappointed...
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2021, 09:05:35 PM »
A little gravedigging, for a good reason

What is the coverage of the DFW. C.I like in this book? I can only find it new or used for lots of money - I'd like to know if it would help scratchbuild a model of a C.I before buying it

Richard
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Offline Borsos

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2021, 08:17:46 AM »
A little gravedigging, for a good reason

What is the coverage of the DFW. C.I like in this book? I can only find it new or used for lots of money - I'd like to know if it would help scratchbuild a model of a C.I before buying it

Richard

Richard,
I browsed through my copy. There are 8 Pages containing photos of the C. I, two color profiles and four pages of scale planes.
Best regards,
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.