Author Topic: WNW Fokker D.VII incoming!!!!  (Read 4543 times)

Offline Jose Chaica

• Jose "Von Muttley" Chaica
WNW Fokker D.VII incoming!!!!
« on: October 06, 2012, 03:53:00 AM »
Just check WNW "News" page...

http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/news

They´re promising it for this year!  :) I don´t think they´re going to "fail" us, this time...  ;D
Jose Chaica, from Portugal.

Dekenba

Re: WNW Fokker D.VII incoming!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 05:04:54 AM »
The mythical 1/32 Fokker D.VII

At last, the WW1 model to end all WW1 models.

How will WNW follow that one up?!

Offline Jose Chaica

• Jose "Von Muttley" Chaica
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 05:26:23 AM »
Jose Chaica, from Portugal.

Dekenba

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 05:30:34 AM »
Indeed!

Or a Bebe.

Or a Sikorsky Ilya Muromets.

in fact, there are plenty of non German or British planes to get stuck into!

Interestingly, the Nieuport 11 seems to be the only such plane that TVA are working on............

Offline Umlaufmotor

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 06:05:15 AM »
..................or a Hannover CL.III/IIIa

Servus
Bertl

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 06:19:38 AM »
Oh my! Great news. You are all wrong however, after the DVII it's surprise time..........with a Camel!
One can dream I suppose.
Cheers,
Lance ;)

Offline David_Layton

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 06:23:01 AM »
My guess is that once they clear the line up they announced (or even before  ;)) I would suspect to see a couple of BE2's; in particular the 2c and 2e types.  After all, TVAL has recreated these.  The Salmson 2A2 was rumoured as there were part drawings visible in the WS article.  That would give them the Salmson engine.  If I could call the shots, I would like to see:  Halberstadt DII/DIII, Roland C.II, Voisin LA 3 or 5, and a Caudron G4 or G6.

I would like to see their Pup engine released as a sprue as the 90hp LeRhone is not availabe in the aftermarket.

Offline fcmdecal

• FCM Decals
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2012, 03:24:13 PM »
I look for the late D.VII Fokkers...  WNW could include the side engine panels for all versions in the kit.

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2012, 11:14:14 PM »
The mythical 1/32 Fokker D.VII. At last, the WW1 model to end all WW1 models.

From what I read, I'd have to agree that the D.VII seems like the Holy Grail for WWI era modellers but I'm just not sure why that's the case. It lacks the elegance of an Albatros D.V/Va or the Pfalz D.IIIa design, the fuselage being somewhat boxy in appearance, and there's little rigging to add to the challenge of building one. Colourful marking schemes abound for the Albatros and Pfalz so that shouldn't be the big draw to the D.VII either. Is it just because these other two have already been kitted or am I missing something obvious?

On the other hand however, I'll buy one if Rowan or fcmdecal decides that they have some extra space on one of their inevitable decal sheets to follow its release, and they include some captured Canadian markings for it. Hint, hint!  ;) ;D

Cheers,

Chris
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 11:15:56 PM by Chris Johnson »
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2012, 11:56:53 PM »
I am most thankful for every WNW-kit so far, but a Roland CII and a Hannover Cl IIIa - that would be something (really would be something)!

Richard

Offline LindsayT

• "Somehow it didn't seem like war at all..."
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2012, 04:39:58 AM »
Man, WnW announces they're releasing the DVII, and all of a sudden the internet forums start sounding like a Justin Bieber concert!  ;) Just don't start throwing your bras on stage, fellas.

mike in calif

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2012, 09:46:10 AM »
       Chris,
      The DVII is very much a long anticipated 1/32 kit, and WNW has, IIRC, plans to do the three major variants. There have been a few well done kits of the DVII, but nothing decent in a larger scale. To me, the DVII is simply the best fighter of WWI. That is a well worn path, but certainly gives hours of entertaining conversation. The colorful livery, simple rigging, and clean purposeful lines all add appeal. After reading the Albatros "DVII Anthology" I began to see how much was actually missing in a lot of kits, and I'm thinking that WNW has winkled those details out, hence the delay.(s)

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2012, 02:24:43 PM »
Like the DVII, never been to a Beiber concert so dont know what one sounds like, manzier firmly fastened.....

Steve

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2012, 08:51:32 AM »
After reading the Albatros "DVII Anthology" I began to see how much was actually missing in a lot of kits, and I'm thinking that WNW has winkled those details out, hence the delay.(s)

I think the D.VII is waiting in the wings and the delay is caused by tooling the Camel, which will accompany it in the next Duellist release.  ;D

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.