Author Topic: WNW FE2B 6341  (Read 17918 times)

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Re: WNW FE2B 6341
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2013, 09:21:38 PM »
Lovely work on the engine Andrew, and your choice of CDL is excellent, this is coming together beautifully.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Rizzo

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2013, 09:42:43 PM »
I got this kit at Christmas, and out of all the WnW kits I have, this one impressed me the most. A big box with hundreds of parts crammed inside, full of detail everywhere.

That CDL looks perfect, very nice work on the engine too!

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2013, 10:59:34 PM »
  Andrew,
She looks great in CDL my friend. Excellent work on her engine as well. Looking forward to the next great update.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline AndrewS

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2013, 06:20:55 PM »
Thanks for the comments  :D

A small update, I've started the interior painting.
 looks  a bit contrasted, but when the fuselage it's closed it's ok

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2013, 08:21:32 PM »
Very nice, Andrew. Just let me point out, that the rounded front of the nacelle was not in linen colour, it was made of thin plywood stripes.
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline AndrewS

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2013, 09:25:07 PM »
Very nice, Andrew. Just let me point out, that the rounded front of the nacelle was not in linen colour, it was made of thin plywood stripes.

Thanks,

About the nacelle I have to check, because, If I recall right, on the windsock datafile  it says that on the 6341 the front nacelle had linen over the plywood...  ??? This evening when I'll be back at home I'll check my reference.

Thanks for your comments anyway, always appreciated  ;)

edit:
http://wingnutwings.com/ww/productdetail?productid=3044&cat=4  if you look at page 5 it says that was covered in linen... and on page 9 there's a picture... Do you think that are right? maybe I can change a lttle the tone to make it look different from the side  of the nacelle
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 09:29:24 PM by AndrewS »

Offline mgunns

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2013, 09:17:07 AM »
Hello Andrew:

Looking good so far.  I like the engine work.  The contrast of colors is really striking.   This will be an attention getter when the model is completed.  Your wood work is the business.  Nice and warm.  Can't help you on the front of the cockpit area.  Check your references and go with it.

Best

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline PrzemoL

• Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2013, 05:06:04 PM »

Thanks,

About the nacelle I have to check, because, If I recall right, on the windsock datafile  it says that on the 6341 the front nacelle had linen over the plywood...  ??? This evening when I'll be back at home I'll check my reference.

edit:
http://wingnutwings.com/ww/productdetail?productid=3044&cat=4  if you look at page 5 it says that was covered in linen... and on page 9 there's a picture... Do you think that are right? maybe I can change a lttle the tone to make it look different from the side  of the nacelle

I must have seen somewhere a photo showing the interior nose section with veneer. It might have been without these linen reinforcement. And this is how I depicted it in my Fee - not CDL but wood. I will try to look through my references this evening.

Offline AndrewS

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2013, 05:41:12 PM »

Thanks,

edit:

I must have seen somewhere a photo showing the interior nose section with veneer. It might have been without these linen reinforcement. And this is how I depicted it in my Fee - not CDL but wood. I will try to look through my references this evening.

Thanks!
I think that usually they were without linen, but on this particoular plane the veneer whas covered.

Offline Rizzo

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2013, 08:26:08 PM »
I think this is the aircraft I'll choose too, I love the patchwork finish on it. I hadn't noticed the light colour of the interior nose section before though, but the references do show it quite well indeed.

Here's a few direct links:
http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/v0FE46B5A/www/products/model_kitsets/32014/archive_photos/Detail%20cockpit1.%20FE.2b%206341%20%28AL0163-01%29.jpg
http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/v0FE46B5A/www/products/model_kitsets/32014/archive_photos/Detail%20cockpit1.%20FE.2b%206341%20%28AL0252-26%29.jpg

Offline PrzemoL

• Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2013, 08:07:52 AM »
Andrew, I have checked my references. You are absolutely right - the nacelleveneer was additionally covered with linen. And what I claimed earlier, was inspired by a photo from WD "RAF FE 2b at War" of the TVAL replica Fee, where the said linen is varnished in a dark hue, almost in the wood colour - absolutely darker then the nacelle sides.

Offline AndrewS

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2013, 05:37:36 PM »
Andrew, I have checked my references. You are absolutely right - the nacelleveneer was additionally covered with linen. And what I claimed earlier, was inspired by a photo from WD "RAF FE 2b at War" of the TVAL replica Fee, where the said linen is varnished in a dark hue, almost in the wood colour - absolutely darker then the nacelle sides.

Thank you!

it's always good to a have a confirmation  :D

Offline AndrewS

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2013, 06:15:01 PM »
Hello!

A small update.

I've made the green parts on the wings, not great pictures, in real life the green parts are more "alive" and contrasted. . Now they are ready to receive the gloss for decals and weathering

Andrew

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2013, 03:18:33 AM »
Brilliant work on the CDL, Andrew.  It looks like real fabric over frame.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2013, 01:18:14 PM »
Andrew,
   The CDL portion of the wing is absolutely brilliant, you've done an incredible job on the shading and I can't imagine it being done any better. This build will be very interesting to follow; looking forward to lots more.
Cheers,
Lance