Author Topic: Air Compressors  (Read 2667 times)

Offline cbk57

Re: Air Compressors
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2012, 09:26:59 AM »
An additional note.  With that tamiya airbrush the tip is super fine so follow the instructions carefully on tear down work in an area where you won't loose parts.  However the clog is probably in the tip like an earlier poster stated.

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2012, 11:15:45 AM »
Tony,
  I gave my Paasche VL to my son several years ago. It must be a real winner as mine was like yours, close to 30 years of service, same needle etc. What are they worth these days?
Cheers,
Lance

Micro-mark sells them for $100 :
http://www.micromark.com/paasche-model-vl-airbrush-set,9009.html

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2012, 11:59:53 AM »
UT I use the even more basic H all the time - simple is good - no nylon sleeves etc to disolve when I run laquer thinner thru it. I added the chromed brass back section to balance it in my hand better and use my baby finger to rotate the needle cone as Im painting - a manual double action I suppose. I replace the needle/cone assembly every 12 months or so and have had it for about 35 years. I think they go for $60 Canadian now.  Im embarassed to say I have a Iwata Micron B and never use it.

Steve

Offline Edo

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2012, 03:03:15 PM »
Hi Gents!
"colour cup" sounds good to me.  ;D
My airbrush is a Paashe V, to clean it I usaually spry denaturated alcohol throug it, but I usually dussassemble it too....
Could be what Uncle Tony said: the solvent clogged something in the process...
I'll let you know how it goes....
In the meanwile, thank you for your tips!
Ciao
Edo