Author Topic: Ltn. Werner Voss September 23, 1917. In Memoriam.  (Read 5758 times)

Offline rowan broadbent

Ltn. Werner Voss September 23, 1917. In Memoriam.
« on: September 23, 2017, 08:43:26 PM »
Today is the 100th anniversary of the death of Ltn. Werner Voss. Not a case for celebration – more a reason for remembrance of this remarkable young pilot and of so many others from all sides who perished in the War to End All Wars.

Richard Andrews of  Aviattic has commissioned a set of decals from us and a superb figure of Voss from Nino Pizzichemi, these will be available from Aviattic as a comprehensive set including streaked camouflage decals for the Fokker F.I, designed by Richard and Juanita Franzi, artwork from Dave Douglass, an illustrated booklet and a replica Sanke Postcard of Voss. As part of our collaboration, Sabine and I are delighted to announce that Pheon are also offering Voss’ marking decals (for his Albatros D.III and Fokker F.I) and the resin figure and these decals will be available for pre-order on the Pheon website later today, either as a combination (marking decals and resin figure) for £30.00 or the decals may be purchased separately for £12.50 and the figure for £20.00. All plus shipping, of course.

The figure will be accompanied by our etched German pilot accessories – 1/32nd Pour le Merite (Blue Max) medal x 2, Iron Cross x 2 pilot’s badge x 2 plus two styles of authentic German goggles. Whilst the figure does not carry the medals, the goggles are useful added detail , either to be added to his hand carrying his helmet or around his neck. The Medals include tiny decals and can be used on other German figures, of course.

The decals include all markings for Voss’ Fokker F.I (Dr.I pre-production machine) including all national markings, a full suite of werke nr. decals, Fokker tail logo, Idflieg and Fokker construction plates for the cowling and compass variation table for the amunition box. The decals for the Albatros D.III also include Albatros and Idflieg construction plates and placards for the Mercedes D.IIIa engine. Both sets include newly-drawn Aviatik propeller logos - without a gold background.

We would expect to be able to ship the figures and decals within the next 2 weeks or so.

More Fokker Dr.I news, we are also working with Richard to release an etched undertray with separate access hatch and fastenings and detailed firewall to accompany an Aviattic resin cowling specifically for the Fokker FI. Pheon and Aviattic will also be releasing etched details for the Dr.I, (including underside tray, hatch and fastenings, firewall and brackets, as well as throttle quadrant and other internal details) to accompany the excellent Aviattic resin cowling, which is already available direct from them. As is their beautiful Fokker pattern resin pilot’s seat.

Furthermore, Pheon are preparing the most comprehensive decal selection ever for the Fokker Dr.I. These markings will extend over seven decal sets covering at least 97 different schemes - not too bad considering that only 320 were built! Initially these sets will be available in 32nd scale, but consideration will be given to releasing 72nd and 48th scale versions if there is sufficient demand. It is our joint aim for Aviattic and Pheon to provide the WWI modeller with the greatest opportunity to use the Roden kit as the basis for a comprehensive Dr.I model selection, able to sit alongside a WNW model collection without blushing!

http://www.pheondecals.com/
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 10:59:21 PM by rowan broadbent »
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything – that’s how the light gets in

Leonard Cohen

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: Ltn. Werner Voss September 23, 1917. In Memoriam.
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 10:27:17 PM »
    What a bit of news this is .......... the Voss Sheet looks fantastic and I can hardly wait to see the selection on the "seven decal sets for the DR.1".
    I'd guess there's about to be a "run" on the Roden DR.1, or is it remotely possible another popular company may release one? As someone has already said earlier here, what a great time to be a modeller of WWI aircraft! Well done Folks!! :) 8)
Cheers,
Lance

Online RAGIII

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 10:27:53 PM »
WOW! The Voss markings and figure are gorgeous! I am extremely interested in the PE accessories and New Decal sheets for the DR1. Yours and Richards efforts are greatly appreciated. Looks like I will need a couple more DR1s  8)
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 01:05:32 AM »
fantastic news. i don't see it on your site yet so i'll be emailing you about getting one soon.

i couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger on the Encore F.1 on eBay a month or so ago.... $150 was just too much. great to know that you guys on it. having spiffy upgrades means less work per kite, so we can do more of them.

interested in seeing what schemes are represented in The 97. hoping you'll throw in some Richtofen kites besides the one he died in. Cutting Edge had an excellent set, but they're all sold out.

beg #2... a Jacobs kite or two, especially the one with the plain white balkenkreuzes and no fire breathing thingy on the side, would be superb too.

beg #3... any Udet triplanes (i read on The Aerodrome where he flew at least 3, but i've only ever seen one modeled.

right. i'm going to sign off for a bit so i can dance for joy.

Offline Berman

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 03:02:09 AM »
 I would be in for some of the planned 97 schemes if printed in 1/48th scale.

Online RAGIII

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2017, 06:55:19 AM »
Just for the record I hope the 97 include some Jasta 6 and 11 Triplanes. Really under done in 1/32nd scale believe it or not  8)
RAGIII

Offline rowan broadbent

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2017, 02:49:07 PM »
Just for the record I hope the 97 include some Jasta 6 and 11 Triplanes. Really under done in 1/32nd scale believe it or not  8)
RAGIII

Hello Rick,

Current plans have 5 6 for Jasta 6 and a total of 16 for Jasta 11 - only one of which is flown by a certain Cavalry Captain....

Should keep you going!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 06:04:07 AM by rowan broadbent »

Leonard Cohen

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2017, 08:06:00 PM »
16?? is that the entire Jasta? :O

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2017, 09:41:19 PM »
I'm even more optimistic of seeing a New Zealand made 1/32 DR.1 in the not to distant future.  :)

Well, more out of hope than expectation.

vB

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline rowan broadbent

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2017, 09:46:42 PM »
16?? is that the entire Jasta? :O

Well, bear in mind that the Dr.I served with the Jasta over a period of quite a few months and there were a number of comings and goings in personel and aeroplanes. Of course, the Dr.I's service also straddled the change of cross insignia from eisernes kreutz to balken kreutz in its different renditions.

Leonard Cohen

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2017, 10:36:54 PM »
so lots of awkward cross converting done in the field...

it's kinda mind-blowing that you're making markings for about 1/3 of the triplanes. i'd imagine this includes the current triplane decals, doesn't it?

Online RAGIII

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2017, 05:45:42 AM »
RAGIII

Hello Rick,

Current plans have 5 for Jasta 6 and a total of 16 for Jasta 11 - only one of which is flown by a certain Cavalry Captain....

Should keep you going!

Wow! I don't think even I can build that many  8) I will of course have to try to choose a few off of the sets!
RAGIII

Offline Syd Solo

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2017, 11:51:01 AM »
I will put in a request for 1/72 decals. There are three good kits in this “one true scale” out there; Eduard, Revell and Roden. Besides which, I have about a dozen lying around unmade...

Cheers

Syd

Offline jeroen_R90S

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2017, 09:13:45 PM »
I have received the decals last week -wonderful!
I primarily got them for the F.I, but might be tempted to do the Albatros as well in due time. :)