Author Topic: off topic, but not toally - Warhorse  (Read 1003 times)

Offline Pete Wenman

• Pete Wenman Aviation Art
off topic, but not toally - Warhorse
« on: September 17, 2017, 07:03:12 PM »
I had the pleasure of watching the West End stageshow production of Warhorse last at our local theatre as the play is now on tour in the UK.

While I have seen the film several times this was the first time I had seen the stage show and I was blown away by it. Had you told me 5 minutes before the start that I would see a credible cavalry charge on the stage (with life size horses) I would have been highly skeptical.

The design and creativity of these top end shows never ceases to amaze me and Warhorse really pushes the limit. In a scene where a horse is shot to put it out of it's misery the whole audience gasped with horror and I'm pretty sure a few eyes wetted. Not a bad result for any stage show.

The WW1 uniforms were credible and the smart, sharp cavalry No1 uniforms of the Yeomanry  were replaced as the war progressed by the steel helmets, battledress and greatcoats of a weary and dirty German and British Army

Great stuff, and if you get the chance to see the show I really do recommend you give it go.

P