Author Topic: PZL.42 and PZL P.8/I  (Read 3934 times)

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
PZL.42 and PZL P.8/I
« on: August 26, 2017, 11:53:14 PM »
During the months when I was mostly busy building my Aviattic Balilla, inevitably there were moments of break. I used them to complete two 1/72 scale models.
The gift from my son for the Father's Day, PZL.42 injection plastic kit from IBG, a 1936 experiment on development of the better known PZL 23 Karaś into a dive bomber. The project did not progress and the only example was destroyed in September 1939 during a German bomb raid on Dęblin flying school. The second aircraft kit from IBG, luckily after a failure with RWD-8, they did not give up and came out with a great kit of this interesting aircraft. A PZL.23B Karaś will be released soon, too!
PZL P.8/I resin kit from Arma Hobby, a 1931 prototype of gull-winged fighter with an inline engine - this did not proceed, either, because a decision was made to develop Polish fighters with radial engines. Another great resin from Arma Hobby fitting finely their line of earlier released P.1, P.6, P.7 and P.11 prototypes.

We lovers of Polish minature aircraft from pre-WW2 and September 1939 seem to live in the golden age now - after tens of years of misery. And there is more coming, Arma Hobby have released PZL P.7a injection kit and announced the most famous P.11c in plastic, too. And IBG follows, too, with the announcement of injection PZL.37B Łoś!!!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 08:28:43 PM by PrzemoL »
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline lone modeller

Re: PZL.42 and PZL P.8/I
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 06:59:54 AM »
Those inter-war aircraft used to fascinate me as a child, but as you write there were almost none available as kits. These two look wonderful, the more so as they have been made and painted by a master modeller.

Stephen.

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 06:15:17 PM »
I so agree with Stephen. Thanks for sharing these photos with us PrzemoL.

Way back in the early 60s, I think, I remember seeing a feature on the PZL23 Karaś in a magazine called something like the International Flying Review and was fascinated by its design. It is so interesting to see a model of the subsequent PZL. 42. What a time we live in to be an aircraft kit modeller.

Best wishes
Nigel

Online Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 10:19:31 PM »
Beautiful pair of birds, congratulations and thanks for the background info.

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 03:51:30 AM »
Beautiful ( as usual !!) and in 1/72 !

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Online RAGIII

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2017, 08:21:27 AM »
Gorgeous work on both !
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2017, 06:26:43 AM »
Thank you for your interest in Polish aviation and kind comments.

Yes Nigel. Karaś together with P.11c and  Łoś are the most known Polish aircraft from September 1939. I am not surprised they were described in aviation magazines. Unfortunately Karaś was the most outdated among them, too slow and too little maneuverable, served as a sitting duck for German pilots. Karaś units suffered the heaviest losses in that sad campaign.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 06:30:58 AM by PrzemoL »
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.