Author Topic: Special Hobby - Fokker D.II or Hansa Brandeburg C1?  (Read 11989 times)

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
    • Mikes WW1 Aircraft Models
Re: Special Hobby - Fokker D.II or Hansa Brandeburg C1?
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2017, 11:06:59 PM »
I received a reply from Special Hobby, all it said was a copy of what I sent, no answer to my question, makes me wonder why they bothered to reply  ??? ??? ??? ???

Des.

Hi Des,
I had a similar email from them with large blue coloured areas, but their answer was at the top in small text.

Retired - 27 years RAF service then 20 years Military Aerospace Technical Author/editor.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2017, 07:32:57 AM »
I received another email this time with an answer to my question, this is what Special Hobby has said;

I am sorry. 1/32 Hansa Brandenburg C.I project sleep now. But we are working on 1/32 scale Fokker D.II kit. It will be ready this autumn.

Best regard
A. Riedel
Special Hobby

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2017, 07:55:47 AM »
Too bad about the HB but glad to hear the Fokker is due in the Autumn!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2017, 12:26:15 PM »
thats what i feared regarding the hansa c.1 that has been shrugged off by them many years ago. sometimes places like hannants will say such and such tba and its on stuff long forgotten by the company....unfortunately

Online rhwinter

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2017, 02:54:35 PM »
Oh, what a pity! I must admit that I found it a little suspicious, when I received the answer from their sales manager THAT quickly. Well, quick customer service is so important, these days...

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
    • Mikes WW1 Aircraft Models
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2017, 09:13:15 PM »
Aaah well, at least the Fokker is due soon, to add to my stash of 48 models in 1:32 scale I've yet to build!!

Retired - 27 years RAF service then 20 years Military Aerospace Technical Author/editor.

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2017, 10:18:15 PM »
Sad to hear about the C.I, glad to about the D.II.  Keeping fingers crossed for both eventually.   ;) ;D

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2017, 08:57:41 PM »
We must remember guys we are a fringe of a niche in a small hobby that's dwindling. Experts have estimated only 10 to 20,000 ww1 aircraft modelers worldwide we should thank the stars anyone makes products for us at all.

Online rhwinter

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2017, 10:38:14 PM »
We must remember guys we are a fringe of a niche in a small hobby that's dwindling. Experts have estimated only 10 to 20,000 ww1 aircraft modelers worldwide we should thank the stars anyone makes products for us at all.

*SIGH*

Offline certainreasons

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2017, 11:31:15 AM »
Haven't thought this through, but I had to think of the board wargame community and their pledges to ensure work on a planned release - any chance of something like that for the H-B? How many kits do they need to sell to make the production profitable for them? I ready with my credit card...

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2017, 12:57:24 PM »
If someone gets SH to agree to it, I'll pledge for a HBO C.I

Offline TobyCoulson

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2017, 10:50:06 AM »
Has the Fokker D.II been released yet?
Ale should be drunk out of a glass. Lager should be drunk out of desperation

Online rhwinter

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2017, 05:20:33 PM »
No, not yet. Have a look at their FB site, that's where Special Hobby usually post their news.

Offline Borsos

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2017, 03:20:55 AM »
I had sent them a Mail and they replied they were planning to release it in December.
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2017, 11:28:14 AM »
Guys I was where you are over a decade ago when I got back into modeling.  I was excited every time I heard someone had a new kit in the works. I remember back in 2007 or 2008 when I heard special hobby was working hard on the hansa c.1 in all 3 scales. After that they were gonna do a new Lloyd wkf with a resin engine etc. Eduard was supposed to release this and that one that caught my attention was a halberstadt d.v but alas that didn't materialize either.blah blah blah heard it so.many times. This is all before wnw even released their first 4 in 2009 and destroyed any other scales chance to get much of anything new.  My point is what I said above months ago. We are too few . It cost 10s of thousands of dollars to make an injection mold. In most cases it's a labor of love. Now that even copper state has closed It's section on our forum I fear for the future of 1/48.It's just guys like us that are into a this plane or that that can trick an investor to back them and get it done occasionally. Think about it ... we arent worth it thats why gaspatch released one kit. The salmson.before that it was mirage with the halberstadt cl ii which it used most of the parts from to make the cl. Iv. Befor that karaya did 1 im kit and they were done. Tbh im surprized copper state did 3.but with news they are gonna try 1/32 now means they have overstock. Im to the point where I don't really pay any mind to rumor that this or that is being worked on by whoever. I've been disappointed wwaaaayyy to many times. Plastic modelling is rapidly dwindling. There is no interest from anyone hardly under 40. Aircraft is a segment if this hobby. Which it seemed to me 1/35 armor is more popular than. And we are the red headed step child of the aircraft niche. Ww2 craft are far far more profitable and so are jets. Biplane fans are few and far between.  I am a member of a club in the new Orleans area. We sponsor a conyest each year . More times than not I was the only person to even enter a biplane. A few times there were one or 2 other entries . And the last 4 years there's been at least one or 2 wnw  model entered. I hate to be a downer but we have been forsaken. Basically there's wingnut wings doing biplane kits. Once in a blue moon another company may but prob won't release something else.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 11:35:29 AM by ALBATROS1234 »