Author Topic: A question about Samson/French metal colours  (Read 1396 times)

Offline hiddeous1973

• Don't worry, Baldrick has a cunning plan !!
A question about Samson/French metal colours
« on: June 25, 2017, 05:11:35 AM »
I have seen many references that French aircraft painted metal fixtures with blue paint.
This not a question about exacct colours, as that is debatable.But more a question about what was painted.
I am working on a WnW Salmson and some parts that are metal are painted in exterior colour according to instuctions.
These include what I think are aileron inspection hatches.
But there are more metal fixtures on the wings and fuselage and I was wondering if these would be 'exterior' colour or blue?
These include: small metal plates on the upper and lower side of the bottom wing, the cabane and struts connection points, rigging points, control horns and aileron hinges.
Any thoughts on these? wing colour or blue?
I know rigging was also in a blue colour, was the colour of the wires as diverse as the metal fixtures?

Offline hiddeous1973

• Don't worry, Baldrick has a cunning plan !!
Re: A question about Samson/French metal colours
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 06:41:09 AM »
nobody?

Bughunter

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 07:03:53 AM »
Only a idea - Gaspatch has a 1/48 model. May be you can check their manual. I don't know, if it is available as PDF.

Cheers,
Frank

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2017, 07:06:48 AM »
Only a idea - Gaspatch has a 1/48 model. May be you can check their manual. I don't know, if it is available as PDF.

Cheers,
Frank
It sure is.
http://www.gaspatchmodels.com/content/images/salmson-2a2/manual_late.pdf
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence