Author Topic: Where it all began- my 1:48 Lindberg Curtiss Jenny  (Read 1426 times)

Offline Iancshippee

Where it all began- my 1:48 Lindberg Curtiss Jenny
« on: June 25, 2017, 03:56:39 AM »
So this model dates back to when I was between 10 and 12 years old, a good 24ish years ago! I modeled it after the JN4-H that is flown at Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome. At the time I built this, their Jenny had been painted with a very dark olive drab mix, which looked black at a quick glance (or a 10 year old's eye). I attempted rigging it with the wire included in the kit, but it did not go very well and scared me off rigging for several years  (I've still only rigged one model since, and it was my 1:28 Revell Dr.1! Still made me nervous despite the simplicity.) It was also my first biplane (in plastic anyways) so I struggled with struts and alignment, but the kit is still holding together after all these years! Don't mind the 20+ year dust collection.

I have a second version of this kit in the stash waiting to be done up in their Jenny's current scheme of the US Navy's #6226, and I will be installing a resin Hispano Suiza to make it a true JN-4H.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 05:13:16 AM by Iancshippee »

Offline Iancshippee

Re: Where it all began- my 1:48 Lindberg Curtiss Jenny
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 05:16:12 AM »