Author Topic: Hello from Hendersonville, North Carolina, USA  (Read 2149 times)

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
Hello from Hendersonville, North Carolina, USA
« on: June 23, 2017, 10:34:08 PM »
Just joining this forum now but I have been lurking for some time.  I have been building models for over 20 years (all cars), but got interested in RC airplanes, and now interested in airplane display models.  I have built 5 planes so far, with a Academy Sopwith Camel on the bench.  This one is a learning experience as I sharpen my weathering and rigging techniques.
So, I will have some questions and really appreciate all the help that you can give as I build on others' experiences to improve my own modeling capabilities.  Thanks in advance.

Ken Mouton
p9o1r1sche

Offline RAGIII

Re: Hello from Hendersonville, North Carolina, USA
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 11:07:07 PM »
Just joining this forum now but I have been lurking for some time.  I have been building models for over 20 years (all cars), but got interested in RC airplanes, and now interested in airplane display models.  I have built 5 planes so far, with a Academy Sopwith Camel on the bench.  This one is a learning experience as I sharpen my weathering and rigging techniques.
So, I will have some questions and really appreciate all the help that you can give as I build on others' experiences to improve my own modeling capabilities.  Thanks in advance.

Ken Mouton
p9o1r1sche

Welcome to the Forum from Lovely West Jefferson North Carolina! I am sure you will get all of the advice you need here on the Forum, Just ask!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Alpha Delta 210

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 02:06:03 AM »
Hi

I have only just joined this amazing forum myself, but I would like to extend to you the friendly welcome that was offered to me!

I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 03:29:19 AM »
Welcome aboard Ken, you'll find all the support here unmatchable and, to quote the old Cowboy tune, "never a discouraging word"!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2017, 06:46:26 AM »
Hello Ken and welcome to the forum, I'm looking forward to your participation with the forum and its members, we have a fantastic bunch of members here.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2017, 04:03:07 PM »
Welcome aboard. You'll find the atmosphere positive but without sacrificing depth of knowledge at all. Back before my time the Aerodrome had a modeling forum. At first I was sad about it but then I found this place. Some minds on here packed not only with modeling knowledge but historical knowledge. Aerodrome is still valuable... The guys who wrote a lot of the books I have or want are there... But I come here first. And more often.

By the way, I lived in NC for 7 years. I went to school at State and Carolina, and my dad lived in Conover for about 20 years. Carolina barbecue is the best thing in the world.

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2017, 07:12:06 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Ken.
We have many fine modellers just waiting to offer advice as and when it's required.

Enjoy!

Von B  ;)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2017, 09:29:37 PM »
Welcome, Ken. This is such a friendly and supportive place.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Monty

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2017, 01:00:57 AM »
Hi Ken! Welcome to a great site! There is a lot of research material and friendly advice here - just ask! I see you are into great air-cooled cars too... Regards, Marc

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2017, 08:34:42 AM »
Thanks for all the welcomes and happy modeling.