Author Topic: Wing folding mechanism of Handley Page bombers o/400 and v/1500  (Read 2214 times)

Offline Rookie

• No guts, no glory...
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and I am not sure if this is the righ way to ask a question, but here it is: Does anyone know how the hinging and locking mechanism for folding the wings of a HP V/1500 (or O/400) is constructed and works? I have collected a lot of photographs, both from the internet and the Windsock datafiles 116, 121 and 164, but I still have only a vague idea of how this works. I was unable to find a diagram or construction drawing or text reference that deals with this subject in detail. My english is reasonable, but I am not familiar with some of the the thechnical terms and names of then individual parts.

Willem

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Re: Wing folding mechanism of Handley Page bombers o/400 and v/1500
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 06:58:02 PM »
Edgar from Copper State Models has told me that he is going to have folding wings on his soon to be released HP 0/400 in 1:48 scale, he might be the person to speak with, he should have information on how the wings were folded.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Rookie

• No guts, no glory...
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 08:00:41 AM »
Thank you Des,

I e-mailed Copper State Models. I visited their site and came across a nice photo-etched set with ww1 cockpit bezels. This has a banking gauge too. Was looking for that for some time now.

Willem

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 04:33:04 PM »
Willem,
 Welcome to the forum.
I hope you find the information you need.
Good luck!

von B  ;)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith