Author Topic: Der Kampfflieger 1/72nd SSW R-1  (Read 2546 times)

Offline NinetythirdLiberator

Der Kampfflieger 1/72nd SSW R-1
« on: June 20, 2017, 06:58:05 AM »
Hello All!

Here is a recent paper completion in 1/72nd.  I did not think to show any in progress shots so all I have is the finished guy.  I only added a few more bell cranks and supports based on pictures I've seen.

The parts I didn't do a good job on are the nose curves.  I can't believe how lovely the posts below turned out.  And remember!  Those are 1/100th!   :o  That's amazing.

I always wanted one of these to go with my Staaken.  I'll build another and paint it up and make an interior with clear parts and better wheels.  But the basic kit represents the plane quite well!

Cheers and thanks for looking,
Dan

Offline RAGIII

Re: Der Kampfflieger 1/72nd SSW R-1
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 11:17:41 PM »
I am again amazed at what can be done with paper.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 08:49:40 AM »
How did I miss this??!!!? It happens that I scratch built one of these recently - I knew little of the type beforehand and now two appear within months!!!

What you achieve with paper is amazing: I am not surprised that you had problems with the nose curves because I did too in plastic. They are subtle and not easy to get right but I think that you are not far off. A paper model with a detailed interior would be something really worth seeing - I am looking forward to it.

Stephen.

Offline NinetythirdLiberator

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 01:21:21 PM »
Hi Stephen!

I used your model as an example!  I'm glad you took a look at this.  Your scratch build is much nicer than this...but I will try a scratch and interior.  I'll also paint it since I like your color better.  That's the only issue with these paper models.  They can look too much like cartoons.  But they are still loads of fun.   ;) ;) ;D

Thanks for looking.

Dan

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 03:04:40 PM »
A very nice model of a very unusual looking plane, hard to believe that so many complex shapes and curves can be made from paper.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline gomidefilho

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 10:20:21 AM »
Very nice work! I like a lot his SSW-1 I testd for designer. Keep good work! :)