Author Topic: 'Blackdog' 1:32 scale figures  (Read 2975 times)

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
    • Mikes WW1 Aircraft Models
'Blackdog' 1:32 scale figures
« on: May 16, 2017, 06:11:46 PM »
Hi all,
If you need 1:32 scale figures, take a look at the 'Blackdog' site.  I've purchased many of their figures, which are of good scale and detail.

http://www.blackdog.cz/

Retired - 27 years RAF service then 20 years Military Aerospace Technical Author/editor.

Offline Syd Solo

Re: 'Blackdog' 1:32 scale figures
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 06:09:03 PM »
I have just taken delivery of Black Dog's F32007 German Fighter Pilot. This figure is posed with his left arm in a sling.
It's cleanly and crisply moulded in mid-grey resin. Only separate parts are the head and left hand. Impressive out of the box.

Cheers

Syd

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 07:07:29 PM »
Hi Syd,
Yes their figures are good and I've had quite a few from them, in addition to figures from Model Cellar, Aviattic, Copper State, Wings Cockpit, Model Kasten and Kellerkind.
They are well posed and as you say, are clean and crisp.
On occasions where I've ordered more than one figure I've found that they've sent a free figure (usually their latest release), as well as the thank you chocolate. 

In fact I've just ordered their new WW1 figures - F32021 1/32 RFC mechanics set (F32021) as well as some more Copper State figures:
F32-028 RFC Air Mechanics installing the bombs
F32-027    RFC Air Mechanic spinning the propeller
F32-026    RFC Air Mechanic checking aeroplane
F32-025    RFC Air Mechanic repairing

I think I have the best part of 80 different figures now to compliment the 50 plus models in my stash!!!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 07:25:30 PM by sandbagger »

Retired - 27 years RAF service then 20 years Military Aerospace Technical Author/editor.

Offline Syd Solo

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 01:11:23 PM »
That's pretty good going, 50+ figures. I have probably around that number than that if you count 1/48 aviation figures (mostly Hecker and Goros) and some large scale busts eg Storm Trooper and Model Cellar/Dragon (actually Mike Good sculpts). Also have some 1/32 resins by Hi-Tech called "Dogfight" and one-offs from Andrea and Pegasus (MvR figures in 54mm).

I have been slowly collecting these figures since I was an early teenager when I first bought Cameo and New Hope Design figures in the 1970s. These are white metal and good for their day, but suffer in comparison to today's resin models.

Tommy's War also have some aviation figures, most of which I have.

Good to see there are others out there collecting WWI aviation figures.

Do you paint them or just collect them? :D

Cheers

Syd

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 07:11:13 PM »
Hi Syd,
Yes quite a collection (80 + figures and 50 + models).
I get them to add to my aircraft models and their bases, to give a touch of 'life' and scale to the completed model.  As I do only WW1 aircraft in 1:32 scale, I limit my figures to aircrew/ground crew with a few civilian figures as well.  Normally I hand paint the figures with Acrylic's with some weathering using washes or pigments.
The only other figure work I've done in the past was a few years building Napoleonic diorama's, using 54 mm figures from 'Historex', based in Dover, UK.
I've often thought of trying a large bust/figure, but I don't think my figure painting skills are good enough right now - one day maybe.

Offline Syd Solo

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2017, 08:19:13 PM »
Sorry, sandbagger, you did say 80+ figures and I misquoted you.
Like you, I usually buy the figures with the idea of posing them with aircraft on a realistic base, to try and give the impression of context and "life", as it were.
My painting is generally acrylics (Vallejo) and oils for some things, along with weathering powders. I have experimented with enamels but with limited success. I know that Mike Good himself uses Testors enamels.
My other figures, I have hundreds, cover everything from ancients to WW1 but not much beyond. Having said that, I have done a few WWII RAF types to pose with a 1/48 Spitfire.
Hope you can post a pic or two some time.

Cheers

Syd
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 12:35:39 AM by Syd Solo »

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 01:10:32 AM »
Hi Syd,
No worries.
If you search (top right) on this forum for 'sandbagger' then hit 'enter', you should get the 9 models I've posted here already.
Below 2 Historex (mostly modified) I did some years ago.  All done with enamels.