Author Topic: WNW Sopwith Pup RNAS  (Read 2931 times)

Offline jnzku

WNW Sopwith Pup RNAS
« on: May 16, 2017, 05:03:24 AM »
Hi you all! Finally managed to get this Pup finished. I've been building since last spring and I took me almost 1 year to finish. I've had breaks and other modelling stuff has been diverting me from this, but finally it's ready. Wonderful kit, absolutely joy to build. I used HGW etch set (only partially) and Yahu instrument dials, but I think this one builds really fine out of the box. Painted with Akan CDL and Lifecolor Olive Drab, then lots of different shades of gray, green and brown. Metal parts painted with Vallejo Metal Colors and wooden parts with artist oil colors. I used brass tubes to simulate wire terminals and turnbuckles. Pictures were once again taken by my fiancee. Hope you like it!  :)

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: WNW Sopwith Pup RNAS
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 05:35:26 AM »
   Well, I'll be the first to compliment you on a really beautiful model! The shading and finish details are terrific and there's just enough weathering to make her look very real. That, together with flawless rigging and exceptional "woodwork" on the turtle deck and prop make this a model you can be very proud of, well done!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline petrov27

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 05:54:53 AM »
Very nice Pup - fantastic!! Any pics of the in progress/interior?
-Patrick

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 06:09:48 AM »
   Well, I'll be the first to compliment you on a really beautiful model! The shading and finish details are terrific and there's just enough weathering to make her look very real. That, together with flawless rigging and exceptional "woodwork" on the turtle deck and prop make this a model you can be very proud of, well done!
Cheers,
Lance

I echo the comments Lance has made, a stunning model.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Online Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 06:20:29 AM »
Looks beautiful, and the weathering is sublime (too much sea air and salt took its toll).  Congrats on this build.

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 06:29:02 AM »
Excellent work, the weathering is just right- faded and worn realistically  !!!

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline jnzku

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2017, 07:58:29 PM »
Thanks to everybody for kind words! Been stalking on this board to get ideas how build and paint ww1-models, so I must thank you also for inspiration and ideas.  :) I tried to find work in process -pics without any luck. If I find any, I'll post 'em here too.

Offline 53ryder

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2017, 09:52:26 PM »
Well done! Nice pup!

Glenn

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2017, 12:52:43 AM »
Gorgeous Pup!  Weathering is very convincing for a Pup lashed to the deck of a ship at sea.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2017, 01:00:45 AM »
Gorgeous Pup!  Weathering is very convincing for a Pup lashed to the deck of a ship at sea.
Cheers,
Bud

I agree with my Amigo Bud 100%
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler