Author Topic: Books for Sale  (Read 3285 times)

Offline jgentile

Books for Sale
« on: April 25, 2017, 06:08:11 AM »
Harleyford

Marine A/C of the 1914-1918 War 1st edition
Reconnaissance & Bomber A/C of the 1914-1918 War 1st edition
Fighter A/C of the 1914-1918 War 1st edition

These three books were from the collection of Bob Norgren (Sierra Scale Models).  It is apparent that he utilized some of the plans when he made his molds (FF49 is torn out but still intact otherwise).  At least two of the three were from the Library at Maher USAF base.  No dust jackets.  The books are worn, but in fair to good condition depending on how you rate things.  Selling as a set.  $50.00 shipped CONUS.  Int'l shipping additional

Harleyford

Air Aces of the 1914-1918 War (has 1964 copyright)

Good condition with dust jacket.  Binding is solid.  Some pages show a bit of water damage.  I think I bought it this way.  $20.00 shipped CONUS.  Int'l shipping additional

Famous Aircraft of the National Air and Space Museum

Albatros DV.A  SOLD

VG+ to excellent condition.  $30.00 shipped CONUS.  Int'l shipping additional

Austro-Hungarian Army Aircraft of World War One

Peter M. Grosz

The BIG one.  First edition  There is some water damage to the front of the dust cover and staining of the front hard cover.  Bleeding into the back of the dust cover and on the inside of the cover.  With these blemishes, I would rate it as a solid "good", perhaps VG when one looks at the rest of the book.  $75.00 shipped CONUS.  Int'l shipping additional
SOLD

Over the Battlefronts -- Amazing Air Action of World War One

Peter Kilduff

Hard cover, with dust jacket.  First edition (where there any others?)  Excellent condition  $65.00 shipped CONUS.  Int'l shipping additional

The Fokker Triplane

Alex Imrie

Hard cover, with dust jacket.  1994 re-print  Excellent condition  $40.00 shipped CONUS.  Int'l shipping additional

Scale Model Aircraft In Plastic Card

Harry Woodman

THE book for scratch building, vac form, etc.... perhaps the bible of model aircraft building.  This is an AUTOGRAPHED copy signed "Harry Woodman 9/11/95".  I would say the condition of this book is "good".  $100.00 shipped CONUS.  Int'l shipping additional.

As always, prices are negotiable.  Shipping and buying volume discounts will be given.  If you would like photos, I am happy to oblige, just send me a PM with your email or mobile phone.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 01:58:52 AM by jgentile »

Offline andonio64

• There's no hurry
Re: Books for Sale
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 08:19:22 PM »
I am interested in
Austro-Hungarian Army Aircraft of World War One - Peter M. Grosz

To join the purchase of kits and decals as stated in the PMs I sent you. I need of course to evaluate the whole cost including shipping. Thank you

Antonio

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 04:58:27 AM »
thats a great deal antonio i paid $275 for my copy years ago. when i first started getting into a-h planes the book was getting almost $400. but alas that market got saturated and prices have dropped. i cant see this one getting cheaper than $75 as it was $100 brand new when released

Offline andonio64

• There's no hurry
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2017, 02:46:26 PM »
thats a great deal antonio i paid $275 for my copy years ago. when i first started getting into a-h planes the book was getting almost $400. but alas that market got saturated and prices have dropped. i cant see this one getting cheaper than $75 as it was $100 brand new when released

Thank you Albie, I purchased it and it's alright in the mail!

Antonio

Offline jgentile

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 12:23:42 AM »
bump^

Offline jgentile

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2017, 02:02:03 AM »
Gratuitous ^bump, but also I am surprised that the Woodman book hasn't gathered as much interest as I anticipated.  If you don't know who Harry Woodman is/was (RIP).  Google him and the title; Scale Model Aircraft in Plastic Card.  It's an incredible reference.

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2017, 10:40:40 PM »
woodmans book? probably cuz many of us have it lol.

Offline jgentile

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2017, 01:35:16 PM »
"many of us", not all of us.... flippant response to my addendum... just saying...
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 01:39:51 PM by jgentile »

Offline jgentile

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2017, 10:07:21 AM »
gratuitous bump ^

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2017, 11:35:28 AM »
I didn't mean it that way sorry. Just meant most guys interested in scratch building have long had a copy. Unfortunately it seems our segment of the hobby Is dominated by wnw  assemblers. There are some that take the wnw kits above and beyond but true scratch builders are few and far between. Me personally I am a ww1 aero buff who builds models. Many build models and since wnw came out have dipped a toe into our little pond. I have actually seen several guys post they won't build ww1 unless it's a wingnut kit. Imho not a true ww1 aircraft fan. Guys that scratch build whether it be whole models like des and a few others or add scratch built embellishments/ build vacs and rezin kits aren't too common in our clique within a niche within a slowly dwindling hobby. Sad but true. I'm sorry if I came off as flippant. It is a great book and it's sad that there is mainly only interest if it involves a wingnut or aftermarket for a wingnut.

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2017, 05:54:48 PM »
Gratuitous ^bump, but also I am surprised that the Woodman book hasn't gathered as much interest as I anticipated.  If you don't know who Harry Woodman is/was (RIP).  Google him and the title; Scale Model Aircraft in Plastic Card.  It's an incredible reference.

I think the issue is, you have rather a special version of the book. I have a copy, I'm not bothered if I open it out too far and break the spine, spill paint on it, accidentally glue things to it, because I can find another copy pretty cheaply

I wouldn't dare treat an autographed copy like that

Richard
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2017, 05:57:48 PM »
I didn't mean it that way sorry. Just meant most guys interested in scratch building have long had a copy. Unfortunately it seems our segment of the hobby Is dominated by wnw  assemblers. There are some that take the wnw kits above and beyond but true scratch builders are few and far between. Me personally I am a ww1 aero buff who builds models. Many build models and since wnw came out have dipped a toe into our little pond. I have actually seen several guys post they won't build ww1 unless it's a wingnut kit. Imho not a true ww1 aircraft fan. Guys that scratch build whether it be whole models like des and a few others or add scratch built embellishments/ build vacs and rezin kits aren't too common in our clique within a niche within a slowly dwindling hobby. Sad but true. I'm sorry if I came off as flippant. It is a great book and it's sad that there is mainly only interest if it involves a wingnut or aftermarket for a wingnut.

The Woodman book has applications beyond complete scratchbuilding. The earlier chapters are about basic skills, assessing how accurate a kit is and then modifying kits. If you are a natural kit basher (like me) it opens out possibilities beyond the kits that are available

Richard

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2017, 08:28:01 PM »
Agree on all accounts Richard.

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2017, 04:39:14 AM »
Agree on all accounts Richard.

One of the best things about this forum is the mix of kit and scratch builders. I get a lot of inspiration from all sorts of threads

Richard

Offline jgentile

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2017, 08:54:52 PM »
Albatros1234, no worries sir.  We're all good.  I've been out of the hobby so long, I had no idea that WNW had such a clutch on this small segment of aircraft model "making".  I guess model "building" is alas a lost art.