Author Topic: Wingnut Wings Sopwith Pup RNAS  (Read 1513 times)

Offline cdiguy

Wingnut Wings Sopwith Pup RNAS
« on: September 24, 2012, 05:30:33 AM »
Here are som pictures of my just completed the 1/32 Wingnut Wings Sopwith Pup RNAS. This is the first aviation model I have built. I have been building automotive subjects for years and found many of the skills are transferable. (I had to resist giving the model a gloss coat!). I finished the model using various shades of Tamiya and Testors paints. The rigging was done using the Wingnut Wings recommended  EZ line elastic rigging technique. I look forward to my next project where I will try some extra detailing and weathering. All I have to do is decide what to build next. Any suggestions?

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
Re: Wingnut Wings Sopwith Pup RNAS
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 05:45:12 AM »
   Old Car Guy,
Outstanding Pup my friend. Top notch rigging too. If you're looking for a project to practice detailing and weathering on ,I would suggest HobbyCrafts  SPAD XIII . Keeps you in the same scale and the added bonus of being very reasonable in price. The kit is pretty much a blank canvas as far as details go. So you could detail her to suit your taste. Best of luck with your next project and I'm looking forward to seeing the first new progress.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 05:55:00 AM »
Beautiful Pup, OCG!  I don't build 1/32 scale, but if you want a fairly simple yet elegant looking plane, like the Pup, I would recommend the Special Hobby Nieuport 11.  I'm just finishing a 1/48 Eduard Bebe and it is the simplest of all Allied aircraft in terms of rigging.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Epeeman

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 06:42:10 AM »
Excellent job for your first biplane, mate.

I second what Bud suggests - a Nieuport does not have too much rigging and Roden now offer several versions of the N.24/25 if you like building in 32nd scale.

Regards

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point?

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 07:13:28 AM »
Very nice looking Pup, you have done a splendid job for your first biplane build. As the other guys have said, the Nieuport would be a good choice, there are quite a few variants available with Roden having a good range in 1:32 scale if that is your preferred scale. I'm looking forward to seeing your next build unfold.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com