Author Topic: Some woodwork projects  (Read 1920 times)

Offline Jim

Some woodwork projects
« on: April 09, 2017, 09:40:04 PM »
After a failed attempt at making a hobby desk I decided to take up a woodworking course and have made the following two keepsake boxes.

Woof!

Offline Paperquest

Re: Some woodwork projects
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 12:37:04 AM »
Very nice work, Jim!

Mack
An armed man is a citizen...an unarmed man is a subject.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 06:52:28 AM »
They are two very neat looking boxes Jim, well done.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Wodehouse

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 07:57:40 AM »
They look really great, Jim.  Are you planning to stain or varnish them?

I'll be moving across country this year, and building up a woodworking lab is high on my list of priorities (along with building a full wall-length shelving unit).  I've also always wanted to build a Zuckermann harpsichord kit, but that idea remains in dreamland for now.  I'll probably be doing what you did first - finding some sort of woodworking course and using their tool shop to learn. 

My father is a minor master with wood.  He built a beautiful copy of a 17th c. French chess set for me years ago that would be the first thing I'd toss out the window if my house were irretrievably on fire, and has been labouring on the brigantine Leon from the classic Underhill plank-on-frame books for years now, so the hobby is something I've always had an itch to dig into.

Offline Jim

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 05:10:26 PM »
They look really great, Jim.  Are you planning to stain or varnish them?

I'll be moving across country this year, and building up a woodworking lab is high on my list of priorities (along with building a full wall-length shelving unit).  I've also always wanted to build a Zuckermann harpsichord kit, but that idea remains in dreamland for now.  I'll probably be doing what you did first - finding some sort of woodworking course and using their tool shop to learn. 

My father is a minor master with wood.  He built a beautiful copy of a 17th c. French chess set for me years ago that would be the first thing I'd toss out the window if my house were irretrievably on fire, and has been labouring on the brigantine Leon from the classic Underhill plank-on-frame books for years now, so the hobby is something I've always had an itch to dig into.

Wow, way to dream big! I would never even consider building something as complicated as a musical instrument...I have no musical talent though so even if it was built to perfection, it would still sound terrible!

I was going to just varnish them but the boxes are now in my kids' bedroom filled with various odds and ends so will stay unvarnished at least for the time being.  :)
Woof!

Offline Honbill

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2020, 06:45:19 AM »
Really nice work done buddy. I also try many project and some times i failed and some time got success. I just loved woodworking. Making a successful project just give enormous Joy. I tried any project when  got some time. Sometimes i take help from this blog in which there are many brilliant woodworking projects.
Looking forward to see many more project pictures from you guys