Author Topic: Yellow-wing stuff  (Read 2270 times)

Offline Joe Hegedus

Yellow-wing stuff
« on: April 04, 2017, 10:47:51 PM »
Hello,
I'm new to the boards here and haven't actually completed any WWI models yet, although I am working on a couple.  A couple people replied to my intro post in the "introductions" forum that they'd be interested in seeing some of my between-the-wars subjects, so this appears to be the appropriate place for that. 

First up is a 1/72 Monogram P-6E, with the landing gear modified to the partially-covered configuration. 
Next is a 1/32 Hasegawa F4B-4, built OOB with aftermarket decals.

Third is a 1/72 Esoteric resin F4B-1, with some plastic parts used in place of some kit-supplied resin or metal parts (wing struts, upper nose, engine, cowl, prop, landing gear).

Finally, a 1/72 ProResin Curtiss F6C-4, built OOB and rigged with invisible thread.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 11:00:19 PM by Joe Hegedus »

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: Yellow-wing stuff
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 11:33:47 PM »
Very nice joe, the F4B4 really caught my eye as I'm presently labouring away at the same Kit and have the Yellow Wings Decal sheet with the same markings. I'm using this Build as a "change of pace" exercise. It's always a pleasure to see the colourful schemes of this great era of flight and yours are striking!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 02:36:52 AM »
First class models all. If your WW1 types are as good you will be posting some excellent models - look forward to seeing them.

Stephen.

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 02:38:48 AM »
Excellent job, outstanding finish, wish WNW would do some of these in 1/32.

Offline Joe Hegedus

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 02:51:18 AM »
Excellent job, outstanding finish, wish WNW would do some of these in 1/32.

Yes, Yes!  A thousand times yes!  Of course, then I'd be going even more broke...

HHaase

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 03:57:28 AM »
I have a soft-spot for yellow wing stuff,   probably because I used to live so close to Grumman when they were still running.

This one will be my next Navy project.   Berliner Joyce OJ-2,  Naval Reserve,  which my Grandfather is shown here sitting in when he was in his early teens I believe.

-Hans

Offline Monty

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 04:42:24 AM »
Those are some really nice models, Joe! and of course the colours are superb! Something to enjoy and appreciate... Regards, Marc

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2017, 08:09:59 AM »
As the others have said your Navy Birds are beautifully done. I too would love to see the WNW treatment but only after they fulfill my entire WW1 wish list!  ::)
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2017, 10:48:24 AM »
Love yellow  wings!!

Steve

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2017, 05:11:04 AM »
As the others have said your Navy Birds are beautifully done. I too would love to see the WNW treatment but only after they fulfill my entire WW1 wish list!  ::)
RAGIII

Yes, there are plenty of Gaps as only Hasegawa, Silver Wings, LukGraph  and Williams Bros. do the Golden Age in 1/32.

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.