Author Topic: Joystick 1/72 Albatros J.I  (Read 5196 times)

Offline stevehed

Joystick 1/72 Albatros J.I
« on: March 18, 2017, 06:15:19 AM »
                                                                      Joystick 1/72 Albatros J1

Hope this is of interest as it’s been a bit dormant here recently. A decent build with no serious build issues although there was a mix up with the white metal parts which Joystick very quickly resolved. I like this kit and just to prove it I bought another one which I hope to build as a J11 version.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234982109-armour-plated-stringbag/

Regards, Steve

Offline lone modeller

Re: Joystick 1/72 Albatros J.I
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 04:20:10 AM »
Vacuforms are not something that I am enamoured about: except when other people build them! That looks really good - I am always impressed by the super models that can be constructed from what are sometimes pretty basic parts. Great job.

Stephen.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 05:31:47 AM »
Very nicely done Steve, an attractive looking Albatros, I have never built a Vacform kit so I have a lot of admiration for those who do.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline IanB

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 08:51:14 AM »
Very nice! How did you get in touch with Joystick? I've tried a couple of times to see if I could buy some decals for kits that had theirs damaged....

Ian

Offline stevehed

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 01:05:02 AM »
Thanks Guys, appreciated. I built my first vac around '79-80. Most of the time they're no bother but I recently managed to incorporate anhedral into some wings by taking an ill advised short cut. My bugbear is resin. There are some great looking kits but tales of bent wings etc and weak struts combined with the price have put me off to date.

Regards, Steve

Online NinetythirdLiberator

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2017, 08:56:26 AM »
I say that's mighty nice!  Dormant....but not forgotten!  Just need to get some other things off the plate.

Dan

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2017, 11:27:52 AM »
Mighty fine model and something you don't see every day.

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2017, 12:24:56 PM »
She's a real gem, Steve!  One of my favorite German types and you did an awesome job on what I assume is a challenging kit.  I have a 1/48 scale Jager Miniatures resin kit of this plane and now you've got me itchin' to do it.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline stevehed

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2017, 09:36:28 AM »
Thanks again. I've now built three Joystick kits, the Aviatik B.II, Lloyd C.II and the Albatros J.I. The latter is definitely the pick of the bunch to date.

Regards, Steve