Author Topic: Doppeldecker do not only go to war  (Read 958 times)

Offline GHE

Doppeldecker do not only go to war
« on: September 20, 2012, 03:28:48 AM »
Dear forum friends !

Usually one builts a war machine a war machine; the differences mainly lie in the paint scheme (different units) or some scratch
alterations.
Since we now have some marvellous Zweisitzer machines such as the Ninak or even the zweimotorige  Gotha, there is  the
possibility to do civilian versions in form of a free theme.
Egypt, 1919
It is hot, the sun is burning hot  and dust parches your throat. But you are on a mission for the Royal Archeological Society,
you're on the wheel of your trusty Ninak along with your soul-mate in science, the red haired Dr. Violet McPherson,  in quest of
the lost pyramid north of Nile's last cataract, the notoriuos  Al'dourman.
She doesn't notice youre smile as she tries to take some aerial photographies en route.
The Ninak looks beautiful in her brigt doped linen, R.A.S. written in british racing green with thin whit outlines on the fuselage.
It is a comfy machine with enough space for the science kit, supplies, rations, the Zeiss microscope, a tent and the trusty Lee-Enfield from my campaign against the Turks at Gallipoli .
Under Egypt's blue skies we start into a new adventure...

Sometimes imagination, a little story, a bit dreamin' sparks a new modelling idea!
When I built a kit, I often imagine the situation it will have been in.

viele Grüße, Gunther
LZeppelin rocks!

mike in calif

Re: Doppeldecker do not only go to war
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 05:21:26 AM »
Ja, the Windsock datafiles have some great shots of post-war Ninacks operating in what is still-Mespot.