Author Topic: Why no WNW French models?  (Read 3140 times)

Offline 53ryder

Why no WNW French models?
« on: February 20, 2017, 12:36:24 AM »
Not quite sure where to post this question? Just wondering why there are no French airplanes made by Wingnut Wings? Or at least no French models that I (newbie) can readily recognize? Mr. Jackson unable to get permission to reproduce anything French? Was really looking forward to a WNW Nieuport! Oh well...

Glenn
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 07:52:13 AM by 53ryder »

Online petrov27

Re: Why no WNW French models?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 01:20:56 AM »
Initially WNW said that they were going to avoid doing subjects where there were already available kits in 1/32. So given that there are already Nieuports 11, 16, 17, 24, 27, 28, plus SPADS VII and XIII available in 1/32 that may explain some of it?

Maybe now that they did break down and do a Camel due to so many customer requests they will look at doing some of these. Or maybe WNW just doesn't like any of those aircraft and we will never see them done - hard to say. I am somewhat doubtful though that is their perspective - if so, then why do an amazing Salmson? I mean really who woulda thought we would have a 1/32 Salmson 2A2 injected moulded kit of top quality....

For my part I would really love them to do a N17; yes the Hobbycraft kit can be built into a decent finished product, but it is just so far off the detail and fidelity that WNW is doing today. About all we can do is let them know what we would really like to see done in 1/32 and hope that they see enough requests?
-Patrick

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 04:24:06 AM »
Just to qualify, There is a Salmson 2A2 in French and USAS versions. As for the Nieuports we can only hope they reverse the original thought on not re producing kits already available  ::)
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 06:44:20 AM »
I think over time we will see Wingnuts produce a wide variety of WW1 aircraft kits apart from English and German, many other countries played a huge role in the war and deserve to be recognized.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline 53ryder

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 07:51:55 AM »
I think over time we will see Wingnuts produce a wide variety of WW1 aircraft kits apart from English and German, many other countries played a huge role in the war and deserve to be recognized.

Des.

Sure hope so!

Glenn

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 05:07:23 PM »
Well, I can but hope that over time we do see a lot more French types. I do understand the initial reasoning, but with WNW operating at such high quality levels i find it frustrating that there is such an imbalance. My desire is to have a balanced collection which represents aircraft across the warring nations based on kits of the highest standard; that's why, for example, Aviattic's Ansaldo is so important to me.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 03:16:05 AM »
I'd absolutely love a Spad in RFC livery  ;D

Guy
“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2017, 03:44:12 AM »
I'd absolutely love a Spad in RFC livery  ;D

Guy

I second that one although I will add a VII to the statement. 19 Squadron to be exact  8)
RAGIII

Offline xan

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2017, 04:17:46 AM »
old stories perhaps ?

Peter Jackson don't do Wingnut wings for economical needs, just for passion.
he does what he wants and doesn't do what he doesn't want to...

Xan
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 06:44:52 PM by xan »
"Zwei Armeen, die sich bekämpfen, sind eine grosse Armee, die Selbstmord an sich übt."
Barbusse.
"Une montagne en Allemagne ne peut pas offenser une montagne en France. Ou une rivière ou une forêt ou un champ de blé."
Remarque.

Offline Rob_Owens

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2017, 12:39:28 PM »
Xan, EXACTLY!! WnW doesn't answer to shareholders or a board of directors, so they do as they (NOT we) wish. . . Why don't more people get that??

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2017, 09:33:10 PM »
Xan, EXACTLY!! WnW doesn't answer to shareholders or a board of directors, so they do as they (NOT we) wish. . . Why don't more people get that??

I agree and have said the same in the past. As for "Why don't more people get that", I think they/We do and are just hoping if they throw the ball enough times WNW will take a swing  ::)
RAGIII

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2017, 10:55:32 PM »
I think its just wishful thinking among many modelers given WNWs quality, hope they release many, many more (including French and other nationalities).  Hoping Rick is right...  Batter up!!