Author Topic: Wingnuts on ebay  (Read 2549 times)

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Wingnuts on ebay
« on: September 18, 2012, 12:55:43 PM »
I had a quick browse on ebay just to see what was available, here is what I found.

Des.

Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Re: Wingnuts on ebay
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 02:31:29 PM »
Here are some more details, item number in bottom right corner, click the photo for a larger image.

Des.

Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

WarrenD

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 09:54:36 AM »
Red Baron,
                 It may if you're in the US and the seller is in the UK and if he/she does NOT ship overseas. I know many of my recent auctions have been blocked from international buyers since evil-bay launched some really draconian policies the put sellers at risk to unscrupulous buyers, especially after having some friends get ripped off on some things they sold.

Warren

mike in calif

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 05:19:10 AM »
... That, plus e-bay seems to be increasing its market share by adding fees. For all the talk of a world-wide market, I can't help but think that fees and postal rates are certainly limiting, if not killing global business.
  On a seperate note, I check ebay a couple times a week to see if any WNW kits might slip thru at a great price.

Offline Checkers67

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 06:19:45 AM »
As of now the WnW W.29 is at $296.59USD!!!!  :-\

Steve

Dekenba

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 07:17:38 AM »
I've found WNW kits on EBay poor value compared to buying direct from WNW, especially with free delivery.

And just be patient - W.29's will be available again at WNW's before too long.

$296! That's just absolutely mad!

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 10:11:24 AM »
If WNW didn't do the W.29 sellout on purpose, they should have. Brilliant little piece of marketing, i know it got me to part with a pile of money lest some of the others sell out. Funny that it is a relatively obscure subject that sold out... sure would be interesting to know the numbers...

But yeah, I would imagine we'll see a deluxe re-release one of these days... and I'll be in the queue :-D

Offline Checkers67

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2012, 08:39:13 AM »
The W.29 sold for $305.00!

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2012, 12:11:43 PM »
The W.29 sold for $305.00!

Makes me really glad I ordered another SE5a and Alb DVA (Just never know if they will go OOP!?!?) Also sad that I didn't get a W29 on time! Now I'm nervous because I still don't have an F2B..............

Cheers,
Lance

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2012, 12:54:40 AM »
Makes me really glad I ordered another SE5a and Alb DVA (Just never know if they will go OOP!?!?) Also sad that I didn't get a W29 on time! Now I'm nervous because I still don't have an F2B..............

Ohhhh Lance . . . if I were you, I'd be ordering that F2b kit before they disappear. My crystal ball tells me that there's only a few left. In fact, just to err on the side of caution, I think you'd be wise to order a brace of them. Hmmm . . . a squadron would be even safer.  ;D ;D ;D

Naturally, I already have one.   ;) 8)

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2012, 04:46:34 AM »
Oooooh you're bad Chris  :P ;)

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2012, 01:42:32 PM »
Nasty, got me going now! I'll hold off for just under 8 hours (when I walk to my waiting truck to leave on an 8-10 day Moose Hunt) and make the inevitable decision on return. Like I keep saying, so many Kits, so little time! This one though really appeals to me; so many fine builds to reference, and a truly classic machine.
Cheers,
Lance

Dekenba

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2012, 04:54:47 PM »
... That, plus e-bay seems to be increasing its market share by adding fees. For all the talk of a world-wide market, I can't help but think that fees and postal rates are certainly limiting, if not killing global business.
  On a seperate note, I check ebay a couple times a week to see if any WNW kits might slip thru at a great price.

You are absolutely right about the postal charges.

I have stopped buying stuff from the US to a large extent because of the cost of shipping. It's crazy.

Small stuff is fine - AM & decals - but as soon as anything remotely weighty appears the cost seems to go ballistic.

USPS are not doing the US economy much good.....

mike in calif

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2012, 05:03:07 AM »
    It is a tough situation; the USPS has lost a huge amount of market share because of e-mail, and what we're doing here- online stuff. Still I've shipped dozens of kits to Oz by snipping major parts from sprues, and thus "compressing" the kit bulk. Ussually I get at least a 2 for 1 ratio using just the kit box. 4 pounds weight is the cut off as regards weight/cost/bulk when using USPS.

Offline michael

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2012, 12:34:55 AM »
a sopwith pup rnas went for £72 + £4 p&p over here on ebay!!

and hannants have them in stock for £59

people just seem to be going nuts  :o

michael
“An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.”