Author Topic: And the next WnW release will be... (drum roll please)  (Read 3757 times)

Offline Jose Chaica

• Jose "Von Muttley" Chaica
And the next WnW release will be... (drum roll please)
« on: September 18, 2012, 11:42:32 AM »
... well, I´m not sure!
But the good fellas at Albatros Publications just released this!
Will the Fokker Eindecker be the next release? I would bet my money on it... but I won´t because I´ll need every penny to buy a couple of these!  ;D
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 11:44:30 AM by Jose Chaica »
Jose Chaica, from Portugal.

Offline Whiteknuckles

Re: And the next WnW release will be... (drum roll please)
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 03:38:03 PM »
Hmmm, interesting Jose - you might be onto something here!!

Andrew
Eternal Apprentice

Offline Ian from Doncaster

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 09:50:11 PM »
This late in the year I reckon the next release(s) will be out just in time for Christmas ordering, if at all.  Mid November, I guess.

A couple of Fokkers methinks, just guessing but life won't be the same without a nice easy EIII to follow the complexity of the Fee.!!!!

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 09:51:43 PM »
I think the publication goes hand in glove with WNW releases - So, yes! I would hazard a guess that the Mono winged beauty will soon be for this world!  :D

Von Buckle  :) :o

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 10:02:14 PM »
Even more so Bob if there's a "building the WNW E.III" publication - can't imagine that coming first though.

I don't really understand the perceived secrecy before new kit releases.  WNW have told us which kits are "expected" in 2012/13 so why not say which is actually next, if only a month or two away?

Still, as someone said in another similar thread, there's still 3x WNW kits in my stash unbuilt, and a very time consuming Fee yet to be finished....

Offline cbk57

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 09:29:32 AM »
I watch for the next one on a daily basis but it will be here when it comes.  Personally I think any given day is possible at this point.  The subject who knows.  I want the DVII but it will be what it will be.

mike in calif

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 05:13:04 AM »
I'm in for at least one eindecker.

Offline Edo

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2012, 10:53:33 PM »
Well, well, well...look at what appeard on the newspaper in Italy today...

It seems that Peter Jackson movie 'The Hobbit' is nearly finished (set pictures and a movie clip were released in Italy today), so he could have more spare time to focus on the WNW kits roll - out !!  ;D

ciao
Edo

Offline Checkers67

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, 06:00:49 AM »
My read of the bones is Halloween and it will be...einedecker E.II/III followed by bobbleheads of Udet and Immelmann! 8)

Steve

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2012, 10:16:02 PM »
Had a quick look on the WNW site - great news about new models at last :)

I did notice that the instructions for each of the two models in the kit are significantly shorter than for other kits, and there is unusually only one decal option for each.

I wonder if the individual kits will have more detail parts - I would certainly expect more decal options.  Looking at the kit prices, I can't see the individual kits being too different?

I might wait for the individual E.III...

Offline JastaB

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2012, 12:23:02 AM »
I ordered a couple today!

Offline Chris Johnson

Re: I'm Scratching My Head Here
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2012, 01:00:33 AM »
Frankly, I don't understand this marketing strategy at all. Perhaps if there was a significant savings in buying the twin-kit release, but considering there is only one marking option for both models, and the instructions are abbreviated, I'm not motivated to buy this new release.

At first I thought it might be aimed at drawing more modellers into the fold, but twinning two less complicated kits would've been more on the mark in that regard.

Am I missing something?

Cheers,

Chris

You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

mike in calif

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2012, 01:28:03 AM »
As regards the markings, am I mistaken in thinking they are pretty standardised for both machines? That may explain some of the marketing strategy. From a build stand point, yes it sure seems they might have picked two birds with less rigging, but I think the early war fighters had more, not less rigging.

Offline Jose Chaica

• Jose "Von Muttley" Chaica
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2012, 01:51:52 AM »
I´m not buying this set... I´m going to wait for the single machines release... at least, I´ll have more decals options.

Jose Chaica, from Portugal.

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2012, 01:57:27 AM »
Who are we kidding - release the dual kit first - we buy it. Release the seperate kits with different options - we buy them too.....It may be a production/inventory cost strategy as well. 1000 Fokkers costs the same as 500 DH's to produce. 400 Fokkers and DH's go in the dual kit leaving 600 of the more popular Fokkers and 100 DH's for the single kits. The numbers are simplified but you get my drift.

Steve