Author Topic: Bristol Fighter  (Read 2591 times)

Offline Gisbod

Bristol Fighter
« on: January 02, 2017, 03:31:24 AM »
Hello chaps,

Any ideas when the 2 new Bristol Fighter schemes (post war & nightfighters) are due out? Any chance of a heads up of the schemes on offer?

Many thanks,

Guy
“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941

Offline rowan broadbent

Re: Bristol Fighter
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 08:28:09 PM »
Hello Guy,

For the night fighting Biffs I am still not too sure of the colour schemes as the overall night schemes are variously portrayed as grey, PC10, mid blue or NIVO with little in the way of consensus.  If I've missed developments in this area, I'd be delighted to be updated!

For the post-war selection, I'm not sure just how much demand there would be. WNW have covered most of the "interesting" versions with the additional radiators and other gubbins for the middle/far East, so those I was planning were mostly for home-based units. When I get the post-war Ninacks out (now we have a printing solution on the horizon, that will be in a few weeks, I hope), I'll be in a better position to judge the popularity of any post-war Bristols.
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything – that’s how the light gets in

Leonard Cohen

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 11:03:40 PM »
Thanks Rowan,

No worries,

I've pretty much settled on the scheme now anyway. Looking forward to the Ninaks though  ;D

Guy
“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 04:10:27 AM »
Would love to see some night fighting Bristol Fighter markings.  Perhaps the best thing to do is leave it to the modeler's individual interpretation on the actual color of the machines, since there doesn't seem to be consensus on color with some machines.
Honor Necessity

Offline Doug Mace

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 02:29:55 AM »
Rowan, speaking of Brisfits, I notice you've removed the mention of Palestine F2b's from your 1/32 column...as well as RFC Spad VII's. Is this bad news?
"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"  -   Oscar Wilde