Author Topic: Ansaldo A.1 "Balilla" 1/32 Aviattic OOB  (Read 33829 times)

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
Re: Ansaldo A.1 "Balilla" 1/32 Aviattic OOB
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2017, 12:45:26 AM »
Great to see this. I think, now I want one, too.
Can you tell me if the decals of the wing camo is included or should it be handpainted by the coustomer?
Bye,
Manni

Italian wing (and tail feather) camo is included

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2017, 01:44:31 AM »
Great to see this. I think, now I want one, too.
Can you tell me if the decals of the wing camo is included or should it be handpainted by the coustomer?
Bye,
Manni

per previous, yes wing camo:

but also! wood grain (see above) linen and cookie cutter linen for all flying surfaces

but wait! there's more! custom nail pattern decals by HGW -- not just rows of nails, but ready to apply!!

Of course, markings etc -- these are what are "holding up the show" due to QC issues:

oh, and not shown -- oops -- a complete separate sheet of custom italian instrument decals

Offline petrov27

« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2017, 01:51:03 AM »
Hi Bo - are the instrument decals already sent out or are they part of the decals being redone? I did not see them in my kit but maybe I overlooked....
-Patrick

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2017, 01:55:01 AM »
Wow, thank you, Bo!
Now I will get it for my birthday!!!Muharharhar
Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2017, 02:01:42 AM »
Hi Bo - are the instrument decals already sent out or are they part of the decals being redone? I did not see them in my kit but maybe I overlooked....

the instrument decals are separate and unaffected by the reprint issue. You should have them. Also an acetate sheet with printed windscreens:

Offline janh

« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2017, 04:07:50 AM »
Oh Drool! can't wait for mine to arrive

Offline aliluke

« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2017, 06:32:06 AM »
Wow - the decals are extraordinary - so comprehensive. But I'm confused - yours is the Polish version but the kit includes all the Italian version decals as well? Including those for the cover art on the Italian version box? Or did you get these as an addition to give you options as to which you'd build? Just interested...

The shape of that fuselage is incredible BTW. I don't think I've seen it photographed from that angle and it really shows the remarkable lines.

Cheers
Alistair
It ain't a hobby if you have to hurry.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2017, 06:50:35 AM »
I'm really enjoying this so far  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline petrov27

« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2017, 06:58:24 AM »

the instrument decals are separate and unaffected by the reprint issue. You should have them. Also an acetate sheet with printed windscreens:

Yes - thankya - found them in one of the bags containing resin parts (had been looking in the big bag 'o decals :) )
-Patrick

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2017, 08:11:08 AM »
But I'm confused - yours is the Polish version but the kit includes all the Italian version decals as well? Including those for the cover art on the Italian version box?

Oops! -- thanks for pointing that out. Wouldn't want people to be disappointed to "only" get decals for one or the other. In fact I have both versions, although only one "official" boxing which is the Polish version as pictured. Richard has been sending me bits while this kit was taking shape -- the final bits to complete the second one arriving last week along with the complete Polish boxing. I don't have an Italian box yet, otherwise I would've photographed it. (I have a pretty good idea of what it looks like though ;) )

Besides the decals, the Polish boxing contains different machine guns.

I haven't decided yet whether this build will be Italian or Polish -- though I think I'm leaning towards one of the more basic Italian service schemes... I love the dark wood and that crazy camo.

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2017, 09:17:57 AM »
The cylinders were primed with Alclad Black microfiller on top of the Mr. Surfacer. Before priming I filled most of the assembly point holes  with liquid mask to keep them from getting too gunked up with paint. I'll put on the light color coat, though, without the masks in place to ensure nice edges.

I've assembled the cylinders and some of the parts that make up the back of the engine. Part 26A and 26B form a shelf that the mags sit on. I'll paint this entire subassembly before moving on.

Oh, I also added a couple of bolt details (master club) to the rear bottom of the engine. These were on an early version of the kit motor I recieved from Ron but are no longer there -- no idea why not, and I might be sorry later -- but I copied them.

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2017, 09:30:44 AM »
totally not what i meant. only meant that i also for the joy of building rarely complete stuff. i think i was quite misunderstood....sorry for that

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2017, 12:50:41 PM »
Lovin' it, Bo!  BTW, do you have a clue as to when the pdf instructions will be available for download?  No matter, I've now got your tutorial to go by.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2017, 01:04:14 PM »
BTW, do you have a clue as to when the pdf instructions will be available for download?

All I know is this:

The build PDF guide will be posted on the website for customers to download and keep very soon.

:)

It did occur to me that this log might be a useful stopgap, and that's part of the reason why I am choosing to build this OOB.

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2017, 02:20:40 PM »
A lick o' paint on the short block. Cylinder jackets were black, the unjacketed portions of the cylinders seemed to have been left unpainted steel. The crackcase was natural aluminum...