Author Topic: Re-Introducing myself from New Jersey, USA  (Read 2757 times)

Offline Jimbo

• James Harr Model Maker
Re-Introducing myself from New Jersey, USA
« on: December 29, 2016, 12:39:58 AM »
Hello all;

My name is James, and I'm addicted to Wingnut Wings kits...

My grateful thanks to Des for approving my request to join. I've been a member of the LSP community for about ten years but haven't posted much lately. I'm a professional architectural and product (industrial design) model maker, lately building custom model railways that feature models of the clients homes and properties. If you search "James Harr Model Maker" on Facebook you'll see my page with lots of recent photos and video clips. I've been a busy fellow but am enjoying some down time now between jobs and for the holidays.

I've built only two 1/32 WWI aircraft models before and thoroughly enjoyed both of them, the Roden Fokker Dr1 and the Academy Camel (as Richthofen and Browns' machines); those builds from about 10 years ago are on LSP. I've come late to the Wingnut Wings party so I missed out on some of the early releases (but have gotten very lucky lately on HLJ to plug a few missing holes). I believe I'm up to 25 WNW kits ready for action. I can hardly wait to start cutting plastic.

Thanks again to Des and to all of you amazing folks for sharing your work and techniques so generously, I look forward to being a productive member as time permits.

James 'jimbo' Harr
High Bridge, NJ
www.jamesharrmodelmaker.com

« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 01:54:05 AM by Jimbo »
Under construction:

Wingnut Wings Roland C.II

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
Re: Greetings from New Jersey, USA
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 01:15:52 AM »
Welcome aboard, James!  I took a peek at your architectural models and they are marvelous.  I look forward to seeing what you do with your WNW kits.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 06:27:09 AM »
Hello James and welcome to the forum, I'm looking forward to your participation with the forum and its members.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 07:53:07 AM »
Welcome, James!
I'm looking forward to seeing some of your build logs in the near future.  ;)

von B

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Online RAGIII

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 09:37:28 AM »
Welcome to the Forum. Your Architectural Models are Magnificent! I am looking forward to seeing your WNW builds! I would also enjoy seeing photos of the DR1 1 and Camel Posted in the Completed Models section!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2016, 05:34:52 PM »
Welcome, Jimbo.
Have fun here.
Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline Jimbo

• James Harr Model Maker
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2016, 12:44:44 AM »
Thanks fellows! I've been enjoying browsing through everything. So much to learn and build, so little time. It's cold, rain and snow here in the northeast US today, so a perfect day for some modeling!

Jimbo
Under construction:

Offline Monty

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2017, 04:05:37 PM »
Hi Jimbo! Welcome to the forum! I have seen and admired your work many times before so it's good to have you on this friendly forum!
Regards, Marc

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2017, 07:48:20 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Jimbo, it's an insiring place. Your work on architectural models is so impressive and I'm sure I will learn a lot from your WNW builds.

Best wishes
Nigel

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2017, 02:33:57 AM »
Welcome Jimbo, I've browsed through your site and enjoyed the work you've got on display there. I'm looking forward to seeing your considerable talents applied to that Wingnut Wings Stash you've accumulated, and I know you'll enjoy being a member of this Forum.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2017, 10:18:37 AM »
Welcome aboard Jimbo  8)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Online Borsos

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2017, 09:22:05 PM »
I am joining in: Welcome to the forum, Jimbo. I am keen on seeing your builds!
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline Jimbo

• James Harr Model Maker
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2017, 06:31:22 AM »
Thanks again all, I'm really enjoying soaking up all of the invaluable information here, and am looking forward to starting a new build very soon. The question is, of course, which one? Choosing is part of the fun really. We'll see!

Jimbo
Under construction:

Offline achgelis

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2017, 03:57:15 AM »
Hi Jimbo,
Greetings from Germany - I´m also new here and let us see growing up the knowledge :-).

Offline Jimbo

• James Harr Model Maker
Re: Re-Introducing myself from New Jersey, USA
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2020, 02:12:47 AM »
Hi all;

Please allow me to re-introduce myself :-) As I posted in my original introduction, I'm a self-employed architectural model maker but I also build elaborate model railroads for individuals. That part of my job really ramped up after my initial intro and has kept me quite busy until around the turn of the new year into 2020. I'm still working on completing some elements for my clients and so am busy with those, but, especially with the Covid situation, I'm finding a little more free time to look at some personal projects.

So, I'm back and quite happy to be here. I have always dipped in and kept tabs on things but was never logged in at the time. I didn't really understand that I could log in and the Forum software would 'remember' me, so I hope to become much more engaged here. Everyone is so friendly and free with the sharing of information and that's always how I try to comport myself. That said my knowledge of early flight and WWI is limited. I will perhaps at times ask 'dumb' questions and I beg forgiveness in advance. That said, I think I'm a pretty accomplished modeler, but since it's also my day job, I try to not go overboard with my 'motormans holiday' stuff. Not to say I don't enjoy a bit of a detail spree, but I want to enjoy myself.

One great change is I purchased a very nice laser cutter for my business and I am always more than happy to help anyone out with parts fabrication, etc, so long as it isn't "production" work - I am not looking to cut 300 of the same thing (unless you want to pay me :-) So, please feel free to send me a PM anytime with any ideas etc. It's a GREAT tool.

Anyways, enough blather, I see lots of familiar names here and hope all don't mind my stepping back on board. Cheers;

James 'jimbo' Harr
High Bridge, NJ US

Here are a couple images of my Tripe and Camel from way back:

Under construction: