Author Topic: ANNOUNCEMENT FROM ALBATROS  (Read 5077 times)

Offline rlrimell

ANNOUNCEMENT FROM ALBATROS
« on: December 06, 2016, 08:02:25 PM »
Hi Guys,

Please see attached for an announcement that all subscribers will also be receiving in the next few days. Albatros Productions is NOT closing down  :) but we do need a break from deadlines for a while!

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
Re: ANNOUNCEMENT FROM ALBATROS
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 08:24:05 PM »
Thank you! I wish you and your company all the best for 2017.
Recharge your batteries and do some slow research for some new, uncommon and interesting WWI planes.
All the best,
Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Online Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 11:48:53 PM »
You guys have earned a rest.  Best of luck in 2017.  Looking forward to future subjects.

Online macsporran

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 02:05:18 AM »
Well they always say bad news comes in threes:
First Brexit, then Trump, now RR taking a sabbatical!
O brave new world.
S

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 02:16:46 AM »
Enjoy your richly deserved semi-retirement, Ray, and thank you for all you've done for the hobby!
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 02:51:51 AM »
Thanks for all that you have done to support those of us with a fascination in period aircraft and models, Ray. Have a good break and I look forward to your further ventures.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Brez

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2016, 06:41:54 AM »
O brave new world.
S

Look on the bright side S, Brexit's only bad news for the minority who voted against it, Trump, we'll have to wait and see and Albatros Productions NOT closing down can only be good news  :).

'courage mon brave',

Tony.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2016, 02:01:17 AM »
Like all of the others I want to thank you for your Monumental contributions to WW1 aircraft research and Modeling! You certainly deserve a break!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Borsos

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2016, 04:16:00 AM »
O brave new world.
S

Look on the bright side S, Brexit's only bad news for the minority who voted against it, Trump, we'll have to wait and see and Albatros Productions NOT closing down can only be good news  :).

'courage mon brave',

Tony.

This minority, I guess, is quite a huge group of a disappointed young generation and therefore nothing less than the future of GB... and Trump, well, enough seen to prefer to see nothing anymore from this horrorclown. But yes, Albatros Publications is NOT closing down, that's a relief.
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline Russell

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2016, 05:28:04 AM »
O brave new world.
S

'courage mon brave',

Tony.

This minority, I guess, is quite a huge group of a disappointed young generation and therefore nothing less than the future of GB... and Trump, well, enough seen to prefer to see nothing anymore from this horrorclown. But yes, Albatros Publications is NOT closing down, that's a relief.
Borsos

Borsos,

Only a very low proportion of that 'youth' bothered to vote!

Offline Borsos

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2016, 06:05:10 AM »
Borsos,

Only a very low proportion of that 'youth' bothered to vote!

That's sadly so true. Too many thought it could not happen anyway. As too many people never imagined something like Trump could be elected and didn't vote.

If there'd be something I could wish from Albatros Publications that they would change during their break, then a payment option via PayPal would be great. Due to new EU laws (yes, in fact, irony keeps my world together...) you have to get through a certain credit card verification process that remains failing to work with mine. So I couldn't purchase the new Pfalz volumes that I would love to as my credit card doesn't work for this verified online purchases...
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

WarrenD

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2016, 01:36:58 AM »
Ray,
      I saw this earlier on FB, and I'll reiterate here again that I'm sorry to see this, but I do hope you and the staff can recharge and find new projects that you can get excited about.  I can only imagine the struggles you've faced battling the changes the internet, digital piracy, etc. I look forward to seeing you and Albatros Publications arise resurgent soon.

Now, the other thing:

God bless my parents and family, they raised me with good manners. One can hold all kinds of opinions about one's neighbors: opinions about his religion, politics, the way he raises his children, etc. However, a person with good manners keeps those things to himself, within the confines of his home, and he does not discuss these things in public.
What kind of person takes a post from Ray, and a sad one I'll add, and turns it into a political discussion? I'd venture a person that is ill-mannered and inconsiderate. Shame on you. If it was the off-topic section, well that'd be fine, but this is not the off topic section.
I attempted to take up scale modeling as a way to escape from the real world, and I came here to do likewise. Sadly, just like turning on the TV, it appears there is no escape.
I have very definite opinions on Brexit, the EU, etc., but I don't live in the UK or Europe, so I keep those opinions to myself.

Ray, my apologies for ranting in your thread.

Warren

Offline AROTH

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2016, 12:52:13 PM »
I am most grateful to say, that I have been fortunate enough to have collected and accumulated, over the past several years ,the entire range of the Datafile collection, including the "mini's" and "Specials", and the "Windsock" publications, from the original stapled copies to the present ones.

Thank you Ray, for your work and dedication towards this project.

To think, that when I first saw these publications, at my local Hobby Store, that I almost said to myself, "no way", these are overpriced and not worth the expense........

We learn........ :)

Offline jknaus

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2016, 02:15:10 AM »
I'll echo the well wishes of everyone else. I guess though I may the only one who wonders what happens now for those who bought subscriptions for either or  or both publications? Will they carry over until you start up again or are they lost?
James

Offline rlrimell

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2016, 02:47:13 AM »
All subscribers will have ,or will have. received notifications with their copies advising their subscription status, and , where applicable, a credit note for the remaining payments. :)

Cheers,

Ray